What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
5.6 ft box pulling a fifh wheel
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Allen Gamble" data-source="post: 224871" data-attributes="member: 4956"><p>I don't have a fifth wheel but I pull a 38', 10k camper with my '17 Tundra CrewMax. I never travel distances longer than 80 miles and I never pull it during the busy times of the day. I'm usually on the road with it between 5-8AM. I can keep between 60-70mph no problem. I run a 1.2k weight distribution hitch combined with firestone air bags, usually at 35psi. I've never pulled a combo rig with it. </p><p></p><p>Everyone has their opinions on pulling trailers and most everyone here brings up great points. My Tundra is undersized for the load, which is why I give myself as many advantages as possible. I never ride anyone's ass, I use my trailer brakes 90% of the time, I add extra air to my rear tires cuz of the weight, and I don't pull in big winds cuz the load gets way too unstable; I won't be the guy pulling his camper at 45mph on a windy day. </p><p></p><p>If I were to pull a combo, I'd want a 3/4ton diesel truck and would probably still throw air bags in it cuz I love mine.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Allen Gamble, post: 224871, member: 4956"] I don't have a fifth wheel but I pull a 38', 10k camper with my '17 Tundra CrewMax. I never travel distances longer than 80 miles and I never pull it during the busy times of the day. I'm usually on the road with it between 5-8AM. I can keep between 60-70mph no problem. I run a 1.2k weight distribution hitch combined with firestone air bags, usually at 35psi. I've never pulled a combo rig with it. Everyone has their opinions on pulling trailers and most everyone here brings up great points. My Tundra is undersized for the load, which is why I give myself as many advantages as possible. I never ride anyone's ass, I use my trailer brakes 90% of the time, I add extra air to my rear tires cuz of the weight, and I don't pull in big winds cuz the load gets way too unstable; I won't be the guy pulling his camper at 45mph on a windy day. If I were to pull a combo, I'd want a 3/4ton diesel truck and would probably still throw air bags in it cuz I love mine. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Lotsa bots
Latest: guywhofishes
3 minutes ago
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: lunkerslayer
Today at 6:26 AM
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
5.6 ft box pulling a fifh wheel
Top
Bottom