What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
5.6 ft box pulling a fifh wheel
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="ndlongshot" data-source="post: 224878" data-attributes="member: 244"><p>I pulled triples with my chevy shortbox 5.3.....24ft fifth wheel and 18ft lund. Under the gross weight. Its do able. Like with anything you can always make it better but where does it end? I had good trailer brakes, and good ten ply tires on everything. Keep it under 70. Airbags would have been nice but everything was set up pretty good the truck didnt squat much. Might have to get them with certain setups. Also, I use Reese slider hitch...not once have I had to use the slide function. Pay attention when parking and it will never be an issue. Unless you plan on jack knifing your trailer into parking spots then you will need a slider or sidewinder hitch but you should be fine....if you arent a dipstick.</p><p></p><p>I now have a tundra 1/2 to pull same combo (6.5ft box). We are always within 100 miles of Bis. If I was putting on alot of miles I would upgrade to 3/4. Its what you are comfortable with. If you are a nervous wreck about it just go get a bigger pickup and be done with it. But that was more $$$$ then I wanted to spend. And a diesel during hunting season didnt excite me. I need one truck to do it all.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="ndlongshot, post: 224878, member: 244"] I pulled triples with my chevy shortbox 5.3.....24ft fifth wheel and 18ft lund. Under the gross weight. Its do able. Like with anything you can always make it better but where does it end? I had good trailer brakes, and good ten ply tires on everything. Keep it under 70. Airbags would have been nice but everything was set up pretty good the truck didnt squat much. Might have to get them with certain setups. Also, I use Reese slider hitch...not once have I had to use the slide function. Pay attention when parking and it will never be an issue. Unless you plan on jack knifing your trailer into parking spots then you will need a slider or sidewinder hitch but you should be fine....if you arent a dipstick. I now have a tundra 1/2 to pull same combo (6.5ft box). We are always within 100 miles of Bis. If I was putting on alot of miles I would upgrade to 3/4. Its what you are comfortable with. If you are a nervous wreck about it just go get a bigger pickup and be done with it. But that was more $$$$ then I wanted to spend. And a diesel during hunting season didnt excite me. I need one truck to do it all. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Lotsa bots
Latest: guywhofishes
4 minutes ago
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: lunkerslayer
Today at 6:26 AM
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
5.6 ft box pulling a fifh wheel
Top
Bottom