What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
5.6 ft box pulling a fifh wheel
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Ericb" data-source="post: 224880" data-attributes="member: 871"><p>I have a newer Jayco 5th wheel its listed at 27.5' but is actually 30' that I pull behind my f150. Gross weight you should be fine. Actual loaded pin weight is where you have to be carefull. Most properly loaded 5th wheels will be over weight on your rear axle. I've put mine on the scales a couple of times and without water but full of gear I am fine but add water and it's over my truck limit. Now the shitty part is full of water it pulls much smoother. Adding my 17' lund takes even more weight off of the rear axle. I'm under gcvwr but it makes the camper a little more uncomfortable to tow. Fortunately the wife can usually pull the boat up. </p><p></p><p>Now your original question about box length. Now under most conditions I have no issues with a short box. Once I turned right coming out of the tail race campground and had to turn around on the dirt rd by the spill way. Uneaven ground and I put a ding in my cab. I plan on ordering one of the ultimate connections which puts the camper back a little further. It will also cut 60# off my rear axles.</p><p></p><p>Another thing, my buddy bought a 1/2 ton towable and then decided to by a 3/4 ton truck. The 5th wheel couldn't be raised high enough to tow behind the 3/4 ton so then he had to by a new 5th wheel.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Ericb, post: 224880, member: 871"] I have a newer Jayco 5th wheel its listed at 27.5' but is actually 30' that I pull behind my f150. Gross weight you should be fine. Actual loaded pin weight is where you have to be carefull. Most properly loaded 5th wheels will be over weight on your rear axle. I've put mine on the scales a couple of times and without water but full of gear I am fine but add water and it's over my truck limit. Now the shitty part is full of water it pulls much smoother. Adding my 17' lund takes even more weight off of the rear axle. I'm under gcvwr but it makes the camper a little more uncomfortable to tow. Fortunately the wife can usually pull the boat up. Now your original question about box length. Now under most conditions I have no issues with a short box. Once I turned right coming out of the tail race campground and had to turn around on the dirt rd by the spill way. Uneaven ground and I put a ding in my cab. I plan on ordering one of the ultimate connections which puts the camper back a little further. It will also cut 60# off my rear axles. Another thing, my buddy bought a 1/2 ton towable and then decided to by a 3/4 ton truck. The 5th wheel couldn't be raised high enough to tow behind the 3/4 ton so then he had to by a new 5th wheel. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Lotsa bots
Latest: Jiffy
8 minutes ago
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: lunkerslayer
43 minutes ago
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
5.6 ft box pulling a fifh wheel
Top
Bottom