6.7 cummins delete...

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member

I always thought this voided warranty also, however, there are multiple dealerships, one for sure in Bismarck, and one in Dickinson that actually will delete some of these pickups the day they are bought new and still honor and cover full warranty. I wouldn't have believed it, but I got to see it with my own two eyes recently. Check with your dealership, salesman, etc.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I always thought this voided warranty also, however, there are multiple dealerships, one for sure in Bismarck, and one in Dickinson that actually will delete some of these pickups the day they are bought new and still honor and cover full warranty. I wouldn't have believed it, but I got to see it with my own two eyes recently. Check with your dealership, salesman, etc.
that i'd have to see to believe because that is a federal crime I believe.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
that i'd have to see to believe because that is a federal crime I believe.

One would have thought, but rarely enforced, especially in ND.

Also, must be a way around the Feds if a dealership is still covering warranty. One way I have "heard" is that the dealerships have a side shop, "Not affiliated" with the dealership do the delete work, and they still warranty it.

Last edited:

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i've been told that the use of the new tuners are undetectable with the scan tools and if you keep your parts you could reinstall if you had issues... in states like cali, it is done all the time for their yearly inspections...

thinking i might sell it now anyway so if anyone is interested...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a shop in town here that does exhaust work. They won't even remove Cat's if they don't know the people they're doing the work for well enough. Very selective because the penalty is huge.

- - - Updated - - -

One would have thought, but rarely enforced, especially in ND.

Also, must be a way around the Feds if a dealership is still covering warranty. One way I have "heard" is that the dealerships have a side shop, "Not affiliated" with the dealership do the delete work, and they still warranty it.
I can't imagine any dealership risking their dealer license or franchise to do that. Be the dumbest thing they ever did.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell I think the federal penalty for altering emissions on a commercial vehicle starts at 10K.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a shop in town here that does exhaust work. They won't even remove Cat's if they don't know the people they're doing the work for well enough. Very selective because the penalty is huge.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't imagine any dealership risking their dealer license or franchise to do that. Be the dumbest thing they ever did.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell I think the federal penalty for altering emissions on a commercial vehicle starts at 10K.

Well, It may be hard to imagine but it’s happening and it’s happening in multiple cities and multiple dealerships right here in western ND.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So your saying people are taking their new diesels to the chevy/ford/dodge dealers and they are doing that in their shop?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If your claiming they're sent to a third party then no they aren't doing the work themselves. I didn't figure they would be that stupid.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Edit, I don't know if the dealer will do a full DPF delete, but Eide offers SCT tuner as an upgrade from their diesel shop. Looks like it comes with "upgrades" to the exhaust system, but I don't know enough about modern diesels to know what they heck these upgrades are in the first place.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
So whats the name and location of these shops that do the delete? Anyone done it and care to give a report?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 146
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51