8/1/23 Storm Damage

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Had the vent cover fail on my last camper but fortunately it was above the toilet and the toilet seat was up so any water just ended up in the holding tank. It seemed that the plastic was really brittle and rotten from too much sun I am guessing. These covers would at least shade the original covers so they would keep the water out even if the Maxx Air cover sustained some damage.

Would hate to have the cover in the bedroom fail during a heavy storm. Don't want a wet mattress!
Ya…the Camco vent covers are thick plastic and have a nice screen on the backside. Even when camping and it’s cool enough at night you can crank them open and not worry if it rains at night. When I park my camper in at home I leave them open to help allow the heat to vent out. You can pick these up at Menards, Wal Mart, etc…

Last edited:

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had the max air II on all my vents the wind ripped them completely off left only the metal hardware that attatchs them to the vents before the trees and hail finished off the vents.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_4902.jpeg

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Holy $hit Batman! I guess when ol'Mother wants to rip things apart, she does.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yea they strong arms took most of the brunt but the jacks developed a new squeak

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had the max air II on all my vents the wind ripped them completely off left only the metal hardware that attatchs them to the vents before the trees and hail finished off the vents.
Wow, I feel for you! I have 3 Max Air II vents on order but am now wondering if I should return them. Damned wind and hail takes no prisoners!

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
Wow, I feel for you! I have 3 Max Air II vents on order but am now wondering if I should return them. Damned wind and hail takes no prisoners!
u wont regret it. id keep them! i just ordered 2 to replace mine that had cracks in them ( they were 10+ years old) i wont own a camper without them. my parents have replaced there vents 3 times sense i have put them on and i havent replaced the vents yet. cheapest i found was on ebay

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84