Alaska- Iditarod- Sled dog race

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Future teams will need to CC I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry - just C I guess.

I think they are allowed carry...more for self defense of a hard charging moose/bear etc..but now it seems may need to carry for dick wads as well.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
how drunk does a guy have to be to do something like that? anyone ever been remotely close even under the worst conditions? :;:huh

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was listening to them interview Jeff King..the musher whose dog got hit and killed and injured 2 of his dogs. Jeff said he thought it was an intentional act. He and his dogs and his sled all have reflective gear on them. He stated that he thinks the guy was playing chicken with his dog team at a very high rate of speed on his snow machine. I guess the guy they caught didn't put two and two together until the next day and went outside and saw the damage to his snow machine. It takes a special kind of stupidity to do what this guy did.
It looks like Jeff King will finish in the top 10 somewhere so that is good. Aily Zirkle...who didn't get hit by this numbskull...but scared the crap out of her how close he snow machined by her a couple times as well..Aily appears to be positioned for a 3rd or 4th place finisher tomorrow sometime. Aily is many many people's sentimental favorite to win each year as she has come so close..I think she has finished 2nd place for 3 straight years!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stand this titty sprinkler on the trail, and run his drunk ass over:;:exactly,....................... sober of course so he knows what its like.;:;boozer

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, congrats to Dallas Seavey again..and well to his dad Mitch finishing 2nd. Both their times broke the record set just a couple years back by Dallas. Dallas covered the 975 miles this time in 8 days, 11 hours, 20 minutes and 16 seconds.
Dallas is now a back to back to back champion..and winner of 4 of the last 5. A Dynasty for sure..and still only 29. He has built a heck of a dog team/kennel. Besides getting good genes for mushing from his dad and grand dad, this young man has tremendous drive and athleticism. I see reading his bio that he was an Alaskan State Wrestling Champ, won the 125 pound Greco Roman Natl Championship, and represented the USA in Lithuania, placing 3rd in the Jr World's Wrestling Championship. It appears he has a dynasty going with him and his good breeding of damn good dogs. It does take a team..he couldn't do it without a couple damn good lead dogs and team in general , and they couldn't do it without him running the team. As musher,they have to know how hard, how fast, and how long they can let the dogs run between stops. Make the wrong choice and your dog team will not proceed.
Case in point, Brent Sass was pushing and pushing and pushing his team farther and faster each day with little rest so he could get a big enough lead on Dallas and others in hopes it would pay off and bring him to victory. Sad part..Brent was losing speed as he reached the second to the last checkpoint in White Mountain. White Mountain is where every musher has to take a mandatory 8 hour rest...its within 77 miles of the finish line in Nome. Both Dallas and Mitch passed Brent going into White Mountain. While both Dallas and Mitch's dogs were ready to go after the mandatory 8 hours rest, Brent's dogs did not want to go...make no mistake..it isn't up to a musher at that point..a musher has made a mistake when dogs don't want to do what they have been bred to do, run. Too far, too fast,not enough rest, maybe all three. They now need more rest..and maybe be fed more. So..what was only supposed to be a mandatory 8 hour rest just 77 miles from the finish line in Nome and hopes of finishing in first, he is still in White Mountain almost 24 hours after arriving. My hunch is if the dogs aren't ready to go within a couple hours he will tell a race marshall that he is scratching from the race. During this 24 hour period other mushers have come and gone so while he was hoping for a top 3 finish, now appears he may not finish at all. I am sure it will be a lesson learned for next year should he do the Iditarod again. Its a fine line knowing what your dogs can and can't do.
update.. I see Brent Sass in on the move again after his extended stay in White Mountain to lets hope he and his team make it into Nome.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do the dog owners get outa this?

Like a bull, do they breed them out and try to get super dogs? Some of these rodeo bulls will get millions for the semen sales.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
The winner this year gets 75,000 and a brand new Dodge truck(no bantering back and forth on this brand guys..ahhaa) they are a big sponsor. I think it is like 3000 grand to enter. You need mega sponsors as dogs like to eat.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33