Another power plant

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m all for it. But what I’m not for is the tactic these companies do and that’s to raise their rates to pay for the project and even when it’s paid for the rates stay the same.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m all for it. But what I’m not for is the tactic these companies do and that’s to raise their rates to pay for the project and even when it’s paid for the rates stay the same.
Are you talking about the contractors that build these facilities, because I assume that projects like these are low bid awarded like most construction. Or are you speaking of others

WalleyeGuy80

Are you talking about the contractors that build these facilities, because I assume that projects like these are low bid awarded like most construction. Or are you speaking of others
I maybe wrong, but believe he is referring to Basin Power raising it's rates for power to pay for the construction of the plant.

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Exactly! Capital electric has had 3 rate increases in the last 1.5 years. Get ready for more. They say we need more generation here? What for, we are an exporter of power. I'm fine with this if the end users are paying for this, which is out of state consumers. We will pay for this here in ND.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 206
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 55