Any info about Steiner optics

Flinger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone ever use Steiner binos?
specifically the night hunter XP 10-42 roof prism HD
Seem to have good reviews but can't find much....
yes I know they are not Swaros but that's outta my range
Wondering on the quality of glass, as I can't pick a pair up to check... Don't think scheels had them.
Any info appreciated, thanks.

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
A coworker of mine just got a pair free through a rewards program we have through our work. The little bit I looked through them they seemed to be a quality glass. He has had them out hunting and he told me "They are way better than my leupolds".

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do you like them labhunter? Im sure they are awesome.

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like them a lot. I was looking for new binoculars and I was at Scheels. I looked at everything they had. In my opinion they were better than anything other than Swarovski but they weren't to far behind. I didn't buy right away because I was thinking about Vortex Razor HD's because I wasn't sure I wanted to go with the $1500 Scheels was asking for the Leica. When I saw them for $1000, which was about as cheap as I found the Vortex, I jumped on them. I've only had them out once but so far they are exactly what I was expecting.

Flinger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Steiner was 50% off.'...... so was just curious... but looks like no one around has really tried any

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got a pair of steiner 8x30s with the instafocus that I love. These were like 200 bucks 15 years ago and I think they're 250 now. I love the instafocus, just set em for your eyes and glass away. Clear, work well in low light, and cheap enough that if I wreck em or lose em not to big a deal. There is a few times i'd like a little more magnification but I've got a Swarovski spotter for that.

Founding Member
Founding Member
We've got an old pair of military stieners from the 80s that still work ok.
But
That's a smoking deal on those Liecas!
Flinger Minox, Zenray,Meopta "Cabelas Euro HD", Pentax are a couple companies that make nice glass for the money.

Vortex makes nice glasss but I feel its over priced because of the warranty "gotta pay for it somehow" Zenray makes just as good of Asian glass at half the price.

Flinger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol. I knew this was gunna happen... I don't care about other deals and I'm not Guna explain the whole situation but short story, $600 limit. Steiner has $1200 on sale for $600. Thanks for the help but I understand.... No one has used or likes them, got it.... If u wana give suggestions besides save more money, keep it under $600.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are 3 posts in this thread that responded with somewhat positive reviews. Not bad input imho considering they are sort of an off or obscure brand.

Flinger

Founding Member
Founding Member
And I appreciate the helpful info. Didn't mean to sound ungrateful, I just knew what I was Guna get into posting this, very little to not much.... With a bunch of unneeded info... and I was right. Not many people have dealt with them. That's fine
espringers....I didn't jump anyone. Just stating what I was looking for. Your post wasn't one of the 3. Don't mean to hurt your feelings

Founding Member
Founding Member

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Steiner is the German word for Tasco.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had a pair of Steiner safari 9x40 for over 10 years and I like them. Biggest this with cheap optics for me is when after I am done looking through them my eyes are all bugged out. with the Steiner's like other top of the line optics my eyes are fine after. I got mine out of serria trading post

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 6
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 4
  • This month: 3
  • This month: 3