Anybody pay MSRP?

TWN

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to buy a new side by side and can find lots of sites with suggested retail but I have never bought a new atv so I have no idea how much room there is off list. I have bought tons of cars and pickups and know not to pay retail but need some advice on atv shopping. Not interested in what accessories they will throw in just price for the machine out the door. Thanks TW

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shop carefully for quality of the machine and the reputation of the dealer's service. The only people who pay full price are those who are seduced by commissioned salesmen's pitches.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't pay retail on anything with wheels period.
Depends on which maker you are wanting. Some makers are plain cheaper machines and will deal more.
I know what 3 dealers i check when buying a new Polaris. Other dealers won't come close some offer to match the price well BS, if you wanted my business you would have given me a better deal in the first place.
Also you should get at least 10-15% off on all accessories and then free labor to put them on.

TWN

Founding Member
Founding Member
Apparently should have added that I am looking at a full size ranger 570 .

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not a lot of mark up on some brands of atv and side by sides. Dealer cost is sometimes only 500-$1000 under the msrp. Some dealers may give you a deal on the machine but accessories is where they make thier money and labor too.

What kind are you looking at?

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Shop in Canada..
a lot of Canadians came down during the years of a strong Canadian dollar to buy atvs. I wonder how much a guy could save?

I would email a bunch of dealers in ND and MN about the same model and tell them you will buy from the dealer that gives you the best price. Be ready to commit quick to show you are serious about buying.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Call John at Herreid Motor Sports
605-437-2782

I know someone who called him about a new Ranger. John told him he didn't want to talk about it as they didn't have time to get it setup for a couple of months. They were to busy selling snowmobiles is what he said. He was kind of a dick about it.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is the place to buy them in Tennessee. Won't find a new one cheaper anyplace else. Worse part it is a long drive down there. You can email them to get a price from them.

http://www.abernathycycles.com/

You can get them serviced at any dealer you want and the majority of things you can do yourself. Best service i found in Central ND was in Jimtown but that was 5-6 years ago. We are buying our new General this spring from the dealer in Belle Fourche as he beat the other lowest price that we got after some wheeling and dealing. We are getting 15% off accessories and free install. Reason buying there we do a lot of riding in the Black Hills in the summer and had our Ranger over there to get looked at last year. Great bunch of guys in service and the owners sons are nice dudes too.

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just had a buddy buy a new Odes 5 seat side by side from a place in Fergus Falls. He got $1500 off the list price and not sure how much he even tried to cut a better deal.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
NDbowman;129802[B said:
]I know someone who called him about a new Ranger. John told him he didn't want to talk about it as they didn't have time to get it setup for a couple of months. They were to busy selling snowmobiles is what he said.[/B] He was kind of a dick about it.

That would suck but at least he was honest about it. No need to be a dick about it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Just had a buddy buy a new Odes 5 seat side by side from a place in Fergus Falls. He got $1500 off the list price and not sure how much he even tried to cut a better deal.

Had 2 of them one weekend in our campground and both of them wouldn't run. They were brand new machines both with less than 50 miles on them. They said they were taking them back and trying to get their money back. Don't think that turned out well for them. Maybe others have had better luck with their Odes. I wouldn't buy one but that is me.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 173
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 56