Benefits of Farmer's Market to Consumers and Communities

Laurence

The main benefits obtained by consumers and communities a farmer's market
• This market helps improve and maintain critical social ties that connect rural communities with urban populations.
• Traffic to farmers market to create and strengthen traffic to other nearby businesses.
• When customers buy from the market, they automatically begin to see ongoing and the surrounding area, resulting in a higher social consciousness.
• When branches are created for local products, the market provides unique and language increases the pride of farmers and encourages customers return more often or regularly.
• Lower transport and storage facilities to reduce the cost of energy, pollution, transportation, infrastructure and land costs needed for storage.
So, a farmer market is beneficial for both farmers and communities.

Last edited:

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
My aunt babysat us when we were kids. We were borderline slave labor for the 10 acre garden. Oddly, It made me really enjoy gardening. I really enjoyed going to the farmers market and selling the goods too. And seeing what everyone else was selling. Homemade jams were my fav to sniff out.

Mama wants to put in a big pumpkin patch this year and sell 'em. So that might be in the works.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to use the farmers market more this year because the last 2 years I dropped over $300 in seeds in my garden to feed the damn rabbits and ended up buying it at the farmers market instead... now the rabbits are good archery targets

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
when one thinks of the farmers market few think of farmers. they should call it gardeners market.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to use the farmers market more this year because the last 2 years I dropped over $300 in seeds in my garden to feed the damn rabbits and ended up buying it at the farmers market instead... now the rabbits are good archery targets

R, U in town? Maybe get an outside/farm/hunting style cat?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Am I the only one who struggles with what bullets 3 and 4 are trying to communicate?

Oh, and I like farmer's markets.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Am I the only one who struggles with what bullets 3 and 4 are trying to communicate?

Oh, and I like farmer's markets.

That, and OPs signature is a link to "Ag Real Estate Lenders/Agriculture Real Estate Financing." Smells mighty spammy to me...

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
My aunt babysat us when we were kids. We were borderline slave labor for the 10 acre garden. Oddly, It made me really enjoy gardening. I really enjoyed going to the farmers market and selling the goods too. And seeing what everyone else was selling. Homemade jams were my fav to sniff out.

Mama wants to put in a big pumpkin patch this year and sell 'em. So that might be in the works.

Gonna change your username to Country Bumpkin?

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm bringing this crop to local market this year.
image.jpg

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya the guy that started this thread dropped a link in his signature to some company in Oregon. Trolling for business if it's even real. New account, first post. WALK THE PLANK!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
mrs johnr and I spent close to 14 years growing a beautiful garden season after season, and processing our fall harvest into the finest salsa you could ever taste. We have since moved into a new home, and made a decision to abandon the years of knowledge and huge successes our garden produced and utilize the farmers market for our annual salsa making Saturday.
The work and time put into weeding, planting, weeding, watering, weeding, and finally weeding before the harvest was always a fun process, but seems my time and efforts could be better utilized in the boat, on the bike, or even in front of the tube.

It will be nice to not come home from the lake tired and yet feel obligated to spend sunday night weeding a garden.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
"the market provides unique and language increases the pride of farmers and encourages customers return more often or regularly."

Obviously written by a 'mentally challenged' individual.

- - - Updated - - -

mrs johnr and I spent close to 14 years growing a beautiful garden season after season, and processing our fall harvest into the finest salsa you could ever taste. We have since moved into a new home, and made a decision to abandon the years of knowledge and huge successes our garden produced and utilize the farmers market for our annual salsa making Saturday.
The work and time put into weeding, planting, weeding, watering, weeding, and finally weeding before the harvest was always a fun process, but seems my time and efforts could be better utilized in the boat, on the bike, or even in front of the tube.

It will be nice to not come home from the lake tired and yet feel obligated to spend sunday night weeding a garden.

long as you stay on top of the weeds early, and put some sort of barrier down between rows, Ive never had significant issues, course my garden isnt HUGE either, but more than I can usually use.
As

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah i live in town... and we are full of damn cats... they are too fat to eat the rabbits and my dogs keep the cats away from the house... ill just shoot the bunnies

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm bringing this crop to local market this year.
13996126_10210083412342895_2842957474537045368_o (1).jpg

Nice to see someone growing trees for a change when every landowner seems to want to cut
them down. Good for you, fishmission, for planting some good, lasting cover.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well Fishmissions deer should be easy to find. Just put out a bucket of Heath Bars and Cheetos and I bet they show up right quick.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 151
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52