best charts for HDS9 touch?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fish in eastern ND (Devils, Ash, sloughs) and western MN (Detroit and Battle areas) mostly - with Sak thrown in on occasion - which chips do you guys prefer?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd look into doc sonar stuff. Not sure if it's a stand alone card but for devils especially, it's great. Overlays of satellite maps from before the flooding began.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use the Lowrance HD charts. Not sure if you used to run the old Lakemaster chips in Lowrance before they switched to Humminbird only, but for the MN lakes I fish (Detroit Lakes area), and Devil's Lake, the current Lowrance charts are the exact same as the old Lakemaster. In most of the popular lakes they are 1 foot contour, on-the-water surveys, and I find them to be very accurate.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i've got the insight stuff that came with a unit i bought a few years ago. i also have an old lakemaster. far as i can tell, the two were very similar on devils. but, like is mentioned above.... i just got my doc sonar chips a few weeks ago. pretty sweet. i've only used the 1990 one so far. not sure what i am missing with the 1980 and 1940 something chips yet. but, the 1990 one is pretty nice. get on the old shore line and just keep on trucking. also shows old houses, trees, etc... i wish the mobile version of google earth would add a time slider

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
As I google around trying to figure out upgrades of older hotmaps, Insight USA, Insight HD, etc. I want to punch someone.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a number of old charts... anybody do this upgrade? Easy or PITA?

1603_compcards_stripe_440x240_0.jpg

http://www.navionics.com/en/navionics-updates

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which mapping chips let one change the color of the map between two depths on an HDS gen 2 so that a person can focus only on that zone of depths? (like the Navionics map on a smartphone)

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which mapping chips let one change the color of the map between two depths on an HDS gen 2 so that a person can focus only on that zone of depths? (like the Navionics map on a smartphone)

From what I can tell so far, you can only do this on custom maps that you create. They need to fix this ASAP.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49