Best dry cell batteries ?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do you guys have the best luck with for long lasting batteries in trail cams , flashlights etc. ? Duracell has treated me ok in the past but the last batch I bought didn't take long to use up because the drawdown was comparable to the old rayovac 9 lives we used to get in the 60s. I see most have a 10 year shelf life but no MFG date on the package.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
More importantly than brand (except the made-in-china crap) are you using lithium batteries? For outdoor use in ND, I always use lithium. I think they're Everready brand. Expensive as hell, but they don't suffer drainage due to cold temps like the regular alkaline batteries.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Iv'e always gotten away with alkaline in the past. Iv'e had trail cams on the driveway that lasted all winter with life to spare. Now days I'm changing batteries in remotes and flashlights that I keep in the house way more often than just a couple years ago.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
TV remotes once a month and they used to last a year.. Maybe I am watching too much TV

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
In the house I tend to run Duracell batteries (AA and AAA) for my remotes. Mostly because I just buy large packs of them at a time. I am guessing I change the batteries on my TV remotes about every 2 years.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I usually buy sams club batteries, seem to work fine, but im not a big battery user, its been years since ive bought any. Ive also had pretty good luck with the amazon brand batteries.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really dislike a lot of the off-brand batteries. They have a tendency to decompose/leak and wreck the battery compartment of things one doesn't use very often. So, if you need them to run wireless controllers for the kids' Xbox...fine. Otherwise I'd suggest staying away from them.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holly shit i bought a tv over year ago and have yet to change the remote batteries.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm thinking I got a bad batch, or something . I called duracell and couldn't get an answer about the lot # but the last 4 digits are 0319 I suspect they were made in march 2019. I decided it's not worth my time to start a claim.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I usually use energizer lithiums in my trail cams. They last all winter long as long as they're not by a feeder. I've used duracell and energizer alkaine aa and haven't noticed a difference, thought they were both good in remotes and flashlights. Now offbrand rayovac seem to go dead real fast.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84