Binos

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
What’s everybody’s favorite that have owned or looking for
bow hunting. Heavy cover. Went to the Swarovski 10-30 CL 10 years ago. dropped a year ago hard. Sent-in came back new looking and operational with new lens caps.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have heard those are good. My old eyes….have a buddy that has a diamond back 5 x 15 I think scope. Things really good

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have had many cheaper models Refield, Nikon, Burris, Leupold all my life than bought Leica Gevoid with range finder 10 years ago. Kid has nice pair leupold BX-5 are nice.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing I like about the optics world is that what once was a $1,000 pair of binoculars, is now made by someone else for $250.

I've never gone high end on my personal optics, I've just been too damn rough on them over the years as I leave them on the dash, drag them through the dust/dirt/mud/snow as I sneak on a bedded down deer. Not knocking you all who have your favorite high end glass, it's just not something I prioritize in outdoor gear.

I own Nikons, Leupolds, and Vortex currently, and have in the past had a 20-year old pair of Bushnell binos that I really liked before my 4 yr old daughter disassembled them. Even the mid-level glass nowadays has a great warranty.

Gr8tz

Established Member
I went with 10x42 Swaro NL Pures last year by far the best investment I've made for hunting gear and with new chest packs your can hunt the toughest and roughest terrain and pull out your binos looking like they just came out of the glass case at Scheels

Honkerslayr

One thing I like about the optics world is that what once was a $1,000 pair of binoculars, is now made by someone else for $250.

I've never gone high end on my personal optics, I've just been too damn rough on them over the years as I leave them on the dash, drag them through the dust/dirt/mud/snow as I sneak on a bedded down deer. Not knocking you all who have your favorite high end glass, it's just not something I prioritize in outdoor gear.

I own Nikons, Leupolds, and Vortex currently, and have in the past had a 20-year old pair of Bushnell binos that I really liked before my 4 yr old daughter disassembled them. Even the mid-level glass nowadays has a great warranty.
https://mavenbuilt.com/collections/binoculars/products/b-6-10x50-12x50

These might change your mind. I’ve been watching their prices since I bought mine 7 years ago and its never changed. Nice thing is they will send you a pair to try with a deposit, everything is out of WY too. I’m looking to buy a custom scope this year from them.

grantfurness

https://mavenbuilt.com/collections/binoculars/products/b-6-10x50-12x50

These might change your mind. I’ve been watching their prices since I bought mine 7 years ago and its never changed. Nice thing is they will send you a pair to try with a deposit, everything is out of WY too. I’m looking to buy a custom scope this year from them.
I’ve looked at the Mavens at a sportsmans show & they’re really nice. I think they’re a good value for the price. They’re nice people, too.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still my most favorite Binoc is an 8x30 Zeiss Classic made in West Germany w/leaded crystal lenses. I’ve owned a whole bunch of other “Alpha” binocs from Leica, Zeiss, and Swaro and I still think those baby Zeiss resolve better than that rest. Downside, they don’t work well w/glasses, not enough eye relief. Neither of the kids wear glasses so they each have a set of the 8x30 Zeiss.

Non Big Game hunting I use either 8x32 or 10x42 Meostars. Big Game season I use 8x42 EL Range and 15x56 SLC HD’s.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 62
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 19