Bog fire?

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any of you guyz ever delt with bog fire?

My back 40 along my creek is apparently an old dry bog bed....cleaning debris up from recent storms,i piled up shit to burn,that was last Saturday, underground fire still smoldering, everday i keep digging and swatting hot spots with a shovel,thinking i need a pump from the creek.

Idea's welcome.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would call the local fire department. They likely have experience with this and can help put it out before it gets too large. I know over in NC they have large problems with these kinds of smoldering fires during drought years.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good thought allen,however it's been so dry this summer,my luck our county would have a fire ban active...hate to call and ask,county might send out our fire marshall to check me out.

Might end up borrowing neighbors back hoe,im good at making a mess.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can recall in my younger days taking trips to MSP-St.Paul from Bemidji and the folks driving thru areas that had bog type fires in the swamplands/bogs next to the highway south of Bemidji. Seemed like every time we drove past there something was always smoldering. Not sure if they ever burned out over all these years or not. I'd call the Rural FD and see if they have options.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right now ive got a huge black crater,it just keeps burning,a slow glow,everyday i think ive got it out,but oohh no next day do over,its like a monster,keeps growing. ( i know,thats what she said)

Ive been shuttling 5gallon buckets of water everyday thinking i got it this time nope,somehow hot spots reoccur.

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get your friends backhoe and separate the burning from the non-burning and you'll be good to go.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
How far from the water ? I'd soak it good first and see if that does the trick , even if you plan on pushing it in you could still miss a hot spot and it would smolder all winter.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Snow add about a teaspoon of dawn to your bucket of water. It will act as a surfactant and make your water more effective.
Yep... or

1694791912463.png

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93