Bought a New Mask Today - even Dr. Lunk would approve….

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, yes.....I've now seen some bullshit thanks to you lol. Precisely 38% to be exact!
Thats pretty good, seems like you are a fan.

I hit at about 3 percent, zero percent of the RUSH videos, turns my stomach just seeing them sonsabitches.

Bobkat

Established Member
How in hell did an attempt to start a topic on scuba diving and maybe lure some of the previous diving fans back her, tun into such a crazy thing? Specially trying to encourage Lunk in various ways to try diving, assuming he is REAL and a decent person? I suspect the divers I knew here, all good people, either lost interest, died pit, or got disgusted with this website and went back to the pure local diving,bunch. Can’t blame them, though all are/were pretty gung-ho ho hunter /fishermen with lots of good info to,share.
Again, Vollmer, please remove this and everything associated with me or my hackers.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyways back to the subject of this thread scuba diving, I have always wanted to try scuba diving for real in the ocean. Maybe someday I will try it but probably won't happen since I have issues with my ears popping when i dived deep into the pool.
I did get to see a person scuba dive in the flesh when I worked on the grade raises of the roads on the devils lake basin. The diver was a certified rescue diver who was also a foreman for the company that I worked for a couple summers. He was inserting these large rubber air bladders called pigs into culverts that needed extensions added to the ends since the road was going to be widened as well as raised. The pigs would be inserted and filled up with air to stop the water from leaking into the coffer dam that was built so the area was dry to add on the extensions to the pipe that was underwater. That was the only time I have ever seen anyone scuba dive.
Other then that I don't see scuba diving in north dakota as a popular adventure since most lakes are not clear enough as say Minnesota lakes. One thing is for sure of if you could make a wet suit affordable for winter diving then you could have something because devils lake would be crappy in open water but winter time would be awesome.
Here is a video for north dakota spear fishing
I do remember hearing stories of divers inspecting the garrison dam and feeling huge fish bumping into you which would scare the crap out of me, even though you have a light it would be frightening to me.

https://www.justgottadive.com/dive_...s/prairie-diving-north-dakotas-lake-sakakawea

Scuba should get more popular as the zebra mussels continue to populate the state... Might make underwater spearfishing a viable sport eventually, I wouldnt mind trying it.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Is there a way to be scuba certified in ND so when you go to the warm places you don't have to waste time to be certified down there?

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Screenshot_20230328-095906.png

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
How in hell did an attempt to start a topic on scuba diving and maybe lure some of the previous diving fans back her, tun into such a crazy thing? Specially trying to encourage Lunk in various ways to try diving, assuming he is REAL and a decent person? I suspect the divers I knew here, all good people, either lost interest, died pit, or got disgusted with this website and went back to the pure local diving,bunch. Can’t blame them, though all are/were pretty gung-ho ho hunter /fishermen with lots of good info to,share.
Again, Vollmer, please remove this and everything associated with me or my hackers.
1680051701022.png

bilbo

Honored Member
Is there a way to be scuba certified in ND so when you go to the warm places you don't have to waste time to be certified down there?
I know there’s a dive school in Moorhead that offers classes I believe. You’ll do the first part in a pool and then they do dive trips in MN. Or you can do your certification dives in the warm places.

I’m not sure, but Bismarck may have a dive school too.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82