Boundary Waters Trip

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buddy and myself are taking a boundary water canoe trip next June. We are planning on around a 5 day trip.
Our preliminary trip idea is leaving from Moose Lake with La Tourells and maybe doing a towboat service.
Has anyone done around a 5 day trip into the boundary waters ? If so, would you mind sharing your route. Just trying to figure out ideas as we are still in early stages of planning. Any anything else that might be useful about a boundary waters canoe adventure. TIA

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Buddy and myself are taking a boundary water canoe trip next June. We are planning on around a 5 day trip.
Our preliminary trip idea is leaving from Moose Lake with La Tourells and maybe doing a towboat service.
Has anyone done around a 5 day trip into the boundary waters ? If so, would you mind sharing your route. Just trying to figure out ideas as we are still in early stages of planning. Any anything else that might be useful about a boundary waters canoe adventure. TIA
Sounds great,spent many summers (spring,month of may)traveling from moose lake zig zaged all the way to saganga lake and back to moose via canadian border lakes.

Keep in mind no can or glass containers are permitted in all of BWCA,knife lake holds the state record northern pike,deep border lake with big fish.

Good plan to take a tow across moose lake,not worth fishing.our favorite route from moose to our first short 15rod portage into splash lake fish pike and bass then onto Ensign lake to setup camp great walleye lake and has big bluegills,you can travel on via lake vera or spend a couple days on ensign fishing and exploring, best to camp on smaller islands to avoid onslaught of massive mosquito's and bear encounters but always check for bear signs even on islands,

Just incase for possible nighttime bear encounters in camp," fire cracker's" are a great deterant.

Need more info pm me,it's a great trip.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 364
  • This month: 229
  • This month: 193
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 98
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 87