Cape Coral, FL fishing

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heading down that way late Jan/Early Feb. Does anyone have any recommendations on a backcountry/inshore captain? I have done all my research on the shore fishing opportunities so feel pretty set on that aspect. Looking to charter an inshore boat for me and my dad and boys. Thanks

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are taking more than 3 on the boat, I'd go on an offshore head boat or some bigger offshore boat. Almost all inshore boats are less than 21 ft and they do LOTS of casting. Having 4 or more on a boat that size flinging hooks is interesting, not to mention that most inshore spots are smaller and based on current and wind, only one section of the boat will be in position to fish the best spots. Most likely the bow of the boat. It's an opportunity thing for everyone as well as enjoyment. Good Luck and I'm so jealous you lucky duck. Have Fun!!

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Problem with the offshore is I have 2 for sure that don't handle the motion of the ocean very well!! I don't plan to do much "fishing" during the excursion, mostly helping my 2 boys and letting them get the opportunities. I will be fishing for what's in the cooler!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 115
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69