constantly stiff/sore during the holidays

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
nope - not even an occasional twinge since I gave up ibuprofen

tortured by it for years - now it's gone - with one simple move - ZERO IBUPROFEN

praise God!!

I sincerely believe that ibuprofen is the devil for some people's genetics and causes gout - 100% convinced in my case

Maybe it's not all in my head after all, I refuse to take ibuprofen too. I could tell by the way doc responded when I told him that he didn't believe me. I'm darn careful what I put in my body, They had me on tramadol that I questioned and was told it was so safe but It acted the same way , just didn't agree with my system at all so I hardly ever took unless I really needed it . Just saw on the news a while back that tramadol is the real devil. Meloxicam works wonders for me , I was unsure how much it was helping till I ran out a couple of times then went back on them again.

- - - Updated - - -

The ol bodys changes with age too. I never used to have an issue with milk , I used to drink a tall glass with every meal but it just doesn't agree with me anymore. No idea if meds interact or what is going on there .

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nupe it with Nuprin,

- - - Updated - - -

My buddy in Bismarck was a Bacardi dt coke drinker big time, like a half gallon every 3-4 days. He got the gout something fierce, doc told him to cut the booze out and drink concentrated cherry juice. He said the cherry juice mixed awesome with Bacardi, and his gout no longer hurt with his new after dinner mix...haha

I like salty snacks, not really hooked on the sweets, but I do take an Aleve every once in a while for pain, like maybe 5 times a year, as I am super human antipussy with a hang over or stubbed toe.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
same here, old and eat a lot of chocolate and a bunch of pain where sometimes I have to work at getting back at work and being active. Does hurt. Part of life and one reason to die young but had other reasons not to.

However I know old mill is not a problem as that I have drank since 1966 after I quit that other beer due to price. Steve's package store in Fargo in 66 a 12 pack was $3.20 and now $18 for 24 and cheaper in the big towns. So other things may go but not the old mill. Pain hopefully will never be that great. db

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm no doc. But I've had a sore big toe, from gout or pseudo gout before, and it's awful. Simply awful. At its worst, I can barely stand to have a sock on my foot, or the weight of a sheet at night. I might be somewhat of a pansy, but that freakin' hurts.

It's been a lot less likely since I gave up booze. Helped a ton.

My liver began speaking to me too, after I quit. We had been having a spat for a few years.

geez - that's a bit harsh :(

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe daily glucosamine would help? I'm not much of a health professional.

I think I'm good on "joint-building" foods

when galwhofishes eats meat there is ALWAYS a little-to-large pile of "stuff" she has picked out like a micro-surgeon. used to drive me bananas - used to it now

other than humongous globs of fat - my plate has zero piles of little rubbery bits/pieces - I grind on nearly everything on a piece of meat

again - this thread and soreness/ache issue is limited to when I freak out on sweets - atypically - during Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I stopped cold turkey yesterday at noon and feel great again already.

I was just passing this on to see if others notice same thing - and if they didn't realize it that they have a choice not to suffer!!!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tell galwhoputsupwithyou to quit rubbing it, it won't be stiff and sore!! :;:stirthepot;:;boozer

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would have your testosterone tested too, you sound like a bitch...haha

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ever had your blood sugar tested?

yep - luckily it's always been normal

just got every test under the sun for a big insurance policy - everything is quite good and I thank God for that sincerely

- - - Updated - - -

I would have your testosterone tested too, you sound like a bitch...haha

there is no doubt that is not where it once was - which is nice at times cuz a guy can actually focus on things outside of you-know-what

the energy loss SUCKs though

- - - Updated - - -

also - I no longer can be "controlled" in certain ways I could be before :)

ISELLGUNS

Founding Member
Founding Member
The older I get I seem to be more stiff in the mornings, sometimes all day except for one small part. That little SOB don't get stiff anymore. Pisses me off. Even the wife wishes it worked a little better.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aging is annoying. I remember when I could eat anything and feel great. Now skipping fruit and vegetables makes me feel sluggish.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup suger is the devil, Alcohol has the suger plus it dehydrates you. Both we tend to have more of during the holidays. Even stress at low levels will cause your body to function differntly.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
http://criticalhealthnews.com/

Read through it Guy. Yes they're trying to sell supplements. They get a two hour spot on C2C once a month. (for a couple years) Much of the above posted is agreed.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 156
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55