Darling walleyes and pike

BicklesMyPickles

Today I hit darlings first boat launch around 0730-1130. I was fishing in 15.5 ft of water straight out from the boat launch. The fish were moving in pretty consistently and I even saw a couple perch which was a first for me there. Ended the day with one 28" northern and 2 walleye one 17" and the other just a little guy at 15" I lost one at that hole that wasn't much bigger than the others. All were caught on a blue and whiterattlin blade spoon. I tried a perch lookin rapala but I was by myself so I just threw a minnow on the other rod for presentation there were no takers.

BicklesMyPickles

There were tracks on the ice but I didn't drive. Ice was roughly 12-13". To confirm #3 is the boat launch out toward the middle of the lake? If so there were around 5 shanties out by there. I didn't see any vehicles on the ice. I'll be heading out tomorrow morning as will so I'll get an update for you.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Good report BMP, may try Darling Tuesday if access hasn't been eliminated by this storm coming!

razorr2w

I hit up Darling yesterday from 2-630. Fished on the north end by the rocky bank near landing 2. Fished in 12 fow, marked a bunch of fish but no takers. I was using minnows on genz worm jigs. I saw at least 5 trucks out there driving around. Ice was good at about 12-14".

Redneck1

Good to hear that trucks are on ice n #3 must be accessible, have to see what develops after storm. Thx

BicklesMyPickles

Went out again this morning for about 3 hours 700-1000 am caught 2 more walleyes (18" &14.5") in 15.5 foot of water. Started out the day in 22 fow and didn't mark anything. Water is starting to clear up I can see down roughly 13 feet

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try coming up to about 5 ft B.

- - - Updated - - -

Look for something "different" along the bank. Not saying you're going to slay 'em...

BicklesMyPickles

I've tried 10 before and literally didn't see anything, But nothing ventured nothing gained ill try it out and let you know how I do.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK; It's Christmas:

(IMHO) They ain't that far out there or that deep to feed; they're digesting.

Last edited:

Redneck1

After the last 20" snow event I'm going to bet that access to Darling will now be more trouble than its worth. There is a ice derby planned for 13 Jan. Maybe the party at the Hunters Den will still occur.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Gonna give Grano a try Friday morning before the winds get crazy...we'll see how access is along the road.

razorr2w

Fished the south bank by the dam. Just a couple of small northerns. The wind was terrible. I'll probably hit up grano on Friday. Maybe I'll have better luck there.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Fished the south bank by the dam. Just a couple of small northerns. The wind was terrible. I'll probably hit up grano on Friday. Maybe I'll have better luck there.

I'll be there Friday morning before sun up...I've got a black F-150.

BicklesMyPickles

Let us know because I'd like to hit up grano as well if not ill probably do the south Ben again. Went out yesterday evening didn't catch anything it feel like if you don't go in the morning don't go at all.

GSIOUXO

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any permanent houses out yet??

Can you get on lake with vehicle??

How much snow on the ice??

THANKS

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My buddy said they had 17 inches of ice and 2 feet of snow at Grano. The fishing was ok, caught a lot of dinks, nothing big. But with this snow, slim pickens for fishing everywhere. He said there was a permanent out there, but nobody driving out...sure that permanent will be there until March! I'm gonna run up there tomorrow morning to check things out...don't know how long I'll stay. Not fun to pull a sled thru 2 feet of snow!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 151
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51