MR Douglas Bay

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yesterday we fished Douglas Bay. We tried pitching a jig and minnow shallow and pulled BBs deeper. Caught only 2 walleyes on the jigs and nothing on the BBs. Didn’t notice nets flying around us either. Water was 54-56 degrees. Was way better this time of year last year.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I struggled on the east end to find anything active over the weekend. Found a few but nothing to write home about. Fished in Steinke bay, out in front of Stienke on the main lake, hit west side of garrison bay, a couple points at the mouth of Douglas Bay, way up in Guard Camp Bay, and then I ran up and hit a couple spots in Berthold bay. Pitched jigs and minows, tried lindies, propeller blades & slow death hooks, and even put a regular old spinner and tried both crawlers and minnows. I don't think we caught more than 1 fish on any given presentation or bait so there wasn't even anything to dial into. if anything we may have had slight more action on the rods tipped with crawlers but that might even be a stretch to say.

From Garrison Bay west to Berthold, water temps were 53-55 degrees, fish and bait clouds seemed to be in the 10-17 ft range according to my graphs and live imaging. As you went towards Steinke and up into Steinke bay, the water warmed to as much as 59 degrees and the fish and bait clouds were deeper and in the 16-25 foot range. Seen very few schools of larger fish, and fish seemed very scattered. Lots and lots of bait clouds. Seemed odd, we didn't get a single pike or smally in two mornings of fishing. weather cooperated both days but fishing was very tough, atleast for us.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Great info on the east end...we're camping at Stevenson this weekend, so unless the wind is ridiculous, I'll be running around hitting some of those spots for sure.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 214
  • This month: 141
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70