Early Goose 2017

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dean, Deano-rama, the Dean-man. it appears you were the one that went dickhead first with your captain spellcheck comment. Now you wanna know names?! This is amazing
No its his theme of making every post around me an attack post no matter what the subject so if that's the way he wants to play it fine but be a man and post under your real name.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
has any one seen any midgets breeding around damp areas while out early goose hunting?

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
No its his theme of making every post around me an attack post no matter what the subject so if that's the way he wants to play it fine but be a man and post under your real name.
My name? My name is Priq. Cosmic Priq. You already guessed it. Why should I post my real name, so you can go back to the crime lab and figure out all you need to know about me? No sir. Now back to the geese.

Anyone piling them up? The family groups starting to bunch up a little tighter?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's fine....as for the geese at least the flock with wanna be albino was sitting fairly tight.

Screenshot_20170824-092341.jpg

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone piling them up? The family groups starting to bunch up a little tighter?

I might not make it out this early season, but if I do it will be later. Went by the Crystal Sugar plant yesterday and all 400 honkers (or there abouts) had flown a mile north to a harvested grain field. The entire 80 acres was COVERED with geese -- spread out into individual family flocks. There wasn't a single group within 20 yards of another group.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I might not make it out this early season, but if I do it will be later. Went by the Crystal Sugar plant yesterday and all 400 honkers (or there abouts) had flown a mile north to a harvested grain field. The entire 80 acres was COVERED with geese -- spread out into individual family flocks. There wasn't a single group within 20 yards of another group.

saw that too

#bigotgeesewon'tintegrate

aron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hunted over a spread of 8 dozen Dave Smiths and noticed a remarkable difference in how they react, because nobody has them and it's something that the birds haven't seen or very limited exposure.

$6500 for decoys
$4000 for trailer
$500 for calls

and all the other shit that goes along with it to either a: get beat to the field in the morning or b: have someone come late and setup in the same field down wind. Boy I don't miss that shit at all.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw another decent flock that was also bunching up so there is hope the better hunting here soon.. Dove fields are starting to build up in good numbers so the game will start soon.

Side note the grass was EXTREMELY wet and still saw all of 3 roosters!!!

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since the early season is a culling effort is it legal to shoot lead?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope just like baiting. It got looked for awhile there they said they might do somthing butt nothing came of it.

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope just like baiting. It got looked for awhile there they said they might do somthing butt nothing came of it.

BS. nothing was talked about. NDGF has nothing to do with it. Steel shot is a federal regulation

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who said anything about the north dakota game and fish it was the Federal U.S. fish and wildlife service back when revamping the resident season. They looked at off water IE field hunting with lead along with making it legal to bait the birds and use electronic calls along with a number of other rules. Most of these options were shot down pretty fast as being too extreme or unpopular like the ecall. but they were just a few of a number of things looked at. some of them went forward like the spring season itself (only SD did it) and the dramatic increase of the limit on the number of birds taken. Would have to go back and look but i think there are a number of things legal federally on the Canadas that we still don't allow in north dakota like the electronic calls and unplugged guns.

Last edited:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
These are my decoys. I have trained them well.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man three or four hundred Snows like that or even better cranes would be cool as hell.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88