Early Goose 2017

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sure am Migrator Man. I gave them all new flocked heads and tails and they are in the dirt most hunts. I've come to MIX all the styles of deks I have. Early season I mix two big foots with 6 or so lessers or hardcores so they mimic family groups. When I use bigger spreads I make sure I have all the brands and sizes mixed together. I think it looks more realistic as when I look at geese in the field, they all don't look the same. I also try to get as close to what I see birds doing in the field as far as shape. Never seen a "U" or "X" or any other letter in the field. Most flocks are a nebulous blob so that is what I try to look like. Goose hunting is a hoot!!!

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have about three dozen oversized GHG shells that do wonders for filling the voids. But I'd really love another 3-5 dozen sillos. If I could find some for dirt cheap, I'd pounce on them. I have no trailer, and I've found the portability and bird-drawing power of those 2D birds to be excellent.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish I still had all my 12 dozen carry lite shells and just laid out amongst them. So much cheaper and much more fun. I think among other things, guys don't make their spreads look natural and that geese have been there all day with no issues.

Yaya

Have you looked into Divebomb silos? I have 5 dozen of them and they work excellent and you cannot really beat the price

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have you looked into Divebomb silos? I have 5 dozen of them and they work excellent and you cannot really beat the price

Not a fan of corrugated plastic for hunting dekes. I'd rather pay a bit more and buy Real Geese, just knowing they'll take a bit more abuse. Plus their Pro series with the no-glare is the bees knees. I flocked the heads and tails on a bunch of the originals and that really made them pop.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
whos ready to fight for fields, , not go to bed tonight and sleep at the field to ensure a slaughter fest tommorw?
go get em boys!!!

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It's gonna be a wet one tomorrow! Will have to wait til wed for the first hunt of the year. Hopefully no one decides to run it for the rest of us an rut up a field.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not a fan of corrugated plastic for hunting dekes. I'd rather pay a bit more and buy Real Geese, just knowing they'll take a bit more abuse. Plus their Pro series with the no-glare is the bees knees. I flocked the heads and tails on a bunch of the originals and that really made them pop.
The dive bombs are made from far better then the standard corrugated plastic like you find in silo socks. We have some that are a few years old now that are holding up as well as the much more expensive silos.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
The dive bombs are made from far better then the standard corrugated plastic like you find in silo socks. We have some that are a few years old now that are holding up as well as the much more expensive silos.

No kidding? That's good to hear! How are they in the wind?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are generally better then the single stake silos due to their wider stance but like all silos the wind gets too high they are going to wobble. The best thing about them other then the price is they are WAY easier to get into hard ground then the traditional silhouette steaks. You can even modifie them to make for easier use in ice.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup - SDMF sure does enjoy his fowl.

No fair, I was working supervised last week and missed this. If you mention me and loving and fowl again on the same page let alone the same post or god forbid the same sentence, you're out of my will!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice to see decent flock all sitting tight. Plus there was a lunistick one mixed in there looking sexy.

Screenshot_20170823-121550.jpg

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks Captain spell check what would the world do without you!
I was just shocked and amazed that the Amazing Deano didn't know a word. Stings a little when some know it all prick could just shut his mouth and let the world keep turning, but corrects you anyway just to stroke his own ego, doesn't it? What's the matter, they don't teach spelling in "almost a meteorologist" school?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was just shocked and amazed that the Amazing Deano didn't know a word. Stings a little when some know it all prick could just shut his mouth and let the world keep turning, but corrects you anyway just to stroke his own ego, doesn't it? What's the matter, they don't teach spelling in "almost a meteorologist" school?
Well for someone who post so much about Internet assholes you sure come off as a very good poster child for them yourself Cosmic going out of your way just to be a little priq. how about you start with posting your real name up and stop hiding behind a screen name.

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well for someone who post so much about Internet assholes you sure come off as a very good poster child for them yourself Cosmic going out of your way just to be a little priq. how about you start with posting your real name up and stop hiding behind a screen name.

Dean, Deano-rama, the Dean-man. it appears you were the one that went dickhead first with your captain spellcheck comment. Now you wanna know names?! This is amazing

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88