Fish House Hitch Dolly

norbz24

I bought a new Glacier 24 foot permanent this year and I am looking for a dolly with wheels or skis to take the tongue weight of my large fish house. I plan on buying an ATV so I can bring it out earlier in the year. What version and brand are best. I know people that have bought them and they turn out to be cheap junk.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would look at a a ski from ice castle, as for pulling it with an atv hope your thinking the biggest sxs you can find with tracks. I pull a 12' prairie truck house with a Honda rubicon and it gets a workout with an inch or 2 of snow.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought the dolly took all the weight off the wheel leaving it with zero traction

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member

I have used a borrowed one of these and pulled my 6 1/2 X 17 wheeled house that was also on skis with a borrowed Ranger on tracks. No problem pulling it wherever Wanted to go. Don't know the size of the Ranger since I don't own it but it worked fine. The advantage to the dolly ski I think is saving on rear axle of the Ranger. The tongue is heavy. Skis on the fishes make pulling that far easier than pulling the wheels through the snow.

As for getting out earlier, I'm hesitant to pull it out without pretty solid ice. Those houses are not light on only 2 wheels. Maybe I'm just a chicken but i prefer to be a dry chicken.

Overall I think you would like the dolly ski but also look into skis for your house. At one time Zachmeier in Mandan made them.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55