For you weather geeks: China

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
It won't make world news until it fails. You can read some articles on it now. They're out there, just not quite breaking news yet.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
So,hoover damn is just a medioker damn eh?at one time I was told the hoover damn was the 5th wonder of the world,but I was kid back then and believed every word my teacher told me,no allen back then to set things straight....j/k allen,thanx for your insight.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Read a story on CNN about this dam, they didn’t sound too concerned about it failing, more about it being a big waste of money

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
So,hoover damn is just a medioker damn eh?at one time I was told the hoover damn was the 5th wonder of the world,but I was kid back then and believed every word my teacher told me,no allen back then to set things straight....j/k allen,thanx for your insight.

Oh, having been to Hoover, I don't think I'd call it mediocre. It just didn't make the list of the top 20 in WIkipedia, for whatever reason. Probably because the narrowness of the canyon at the dam site, it just isn't that much concrete. About 2.9 million yards. When compared to the amount of fill needed for other dams, it's about 8x smaller than the ones in the list I posted. As far as water stored, it's right there with Sak and Oahe.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88