What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Garmin, Lowrance, or Bird
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="AaronJ" data-source="post: 397976" data-attributes="member: 1109"><p>I have had Lowrance Active Target and Garmin Livescope with both the LVS 32 and LVS 34 transducers. Humminbird is light years BEHIND both Lowrance and Garmin in the FFS game. </p><p></p><p>For all of my FFS (2 or 3 in the boat) I will be running Garmin. I will have Garmin 12 and Lowrance 12 on the dash, Garmin 16 and Lowrance 12 on the bow (with Livescope), and Garmin 12 on track mount for my wife to use a 2nd LVS 34 LS in the back of the boat.</p><p></p><p>I feel the image quality of Garmin is better than Lowrance. I also feel the hookup is easier without having to have the "black box" wired to a switch. I will have the ability, with Lowrance on the bow and console, to add Active Target pretty easily if I have a Garmin failure or want multiple views at the same time.</p><p></p><p>I used to have a Garmin with LVS 34 set up as portable, but I rarely ice fish and found it a PIA in the boat. Arc Lab shuttle, from what I heard is pretty hard to beat for overall quality and portability. I had a summit portable shuttle and was not impressed.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="AaronJ, post: 397976, member: 1109"] I have had Lowrance Active Target and Garmin Livescope with both the LVS 32 and LVS 34 transducers. Humminbird is light years BEHIND both Lowrance and Garmin in the FFS game. For all of my FFS (2 or 3 in the boat) I will be running Garmin. I will have Garmin 12 and Lowrance 12 on the dash, Garmin 16 and Lowrance 12 on the bow (with Livescope), and Garmin 12 on track mount for my wife to use a 2nd LVS 34 LS in the back of the boat. I feel the image quality of Garmin is better than Lowrance. I also feel the hookup is easier without having to have the "black box" wired to a switch. I will have the ability, with Lowrance on the bow and console, to add Active Target pretty easily if I have a Garmin failure or want multiple views at the same time. I used to have a Garmin with LVS 34 set up as portable, but I rarely ice fish and found it a PIA in the boat. Arc Lab shuttle, from what I heard is pretty hard to beat for overall quality and portability. I had a summit portable shuttle and was not impressed. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
35 minutes ago
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Garmin, Lowrance, or Bird
Top
Bottom