What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Garmin, Lowrance, or Bird
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Coldfront" data-source="post: 398171" data-attributes="member: 3546"><p>Good Morning</p><p></p><p>First, I do not own a Garmin, but my neighbor does. The one he has is the first Panoptic. I seen it in action while ice fishing and it was very cool. Watching him put the pole together was a joke. I believe that Garmin still uses the same pole today. The panoptic was better than the first Lowrance by a long way. I think the Garmin is a little ahead of Lowrance and always will be because of the patent lawsuit they won over Lowrance.</p><p></p><p>Second, on my boat I have a Helix 10 Humminbird and a HDS 12 Live Lowrance. Johnson Outdoors has better mapping software (not by much) and way better integration of the trolling motor and mapping with the depth finder. I didn't want to buy another depth finer and when I did some research, I found that Summit made a shuttle bag for the HDS12. Being I owned a Lowrance I bought the Active Target. I may be a little prejudice here, but I think the HDS series is a little more user friendly. </p><p></p><p>The Summit pole is light years ahead of Garmins pole. The shuttle and shuttle bag are great. The Summit pole mount for the boat works great also.</p><p></p><p>Also, I wanted to point out that so far with Lowrance you can use the latest transducers like the Active Target 2 in 3 generations of head units, the HDS Pro, HDS 12 Live and the HDS Carbon. Plus Lowrance's new Active Imaging HD with FIsh Reveal is outstanding. No body has that technology accept Lowrance.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Coldfront, post: 398171, member: 3546"] Good Morning First, I do not own a Garmin, but my neighbor does. The one he has is the first Panoptic. I seen it in action while ice fishing and it was very cool. Watching him put the pole together was a joke. I believe that Garmin still uses the same pole today. The panoptic was better than the first Lowrance by a long way. I think the Garmin is a little ahead of Lowrance and always will be because of the patent lawsuit they won over Lowrance. Second, on my boat I have a Helix 10 Humminbird and a HDS 12 Live Lowrance. Johnson Outdoors has better mapping software (not by much) and way better integration of the trolling motor and mapping with the depth finder. I didn't want to buy another depth finer and when I did some research, I found that Summit made a shuttle bag for the HDS12. Being I owned a Lowrance I bought the Active Target. I may be a little prejudice here, but I think the HDS series is a little more user friendly. The Summit pole is light years ahead of Garmins pole. The shuttle and shuttle bag are great. The Summit pole mount for the boat works great also. Also, I wanted to point out that so far with Lowrance you can use the latest transducers like the Active Target 2 in 3 generations of head units, the HDS Pro, HDS 12 Live and the HDS Carbon. Plus Lowrance's new Active Imaging HD with FIsh Reveal is outstanding. No body has that technology accept Lowrance. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
37 minutes ago
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Garmin, Lowrance, or Bird
Top
Bottom