Getting Older

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
On getting older…

"We must recognize that, as we grow older, we become like old cars – more and more repairs and replacements are necessary."
- C.S. Lewis

"Old age is like a plane flying through a storm. Once you are aboard there is nothing you can do about it."
- Golda Meir

"I’m so old that my blood type is discontinued."
- Bill Dana

"The older I get, the more clearly I remember things that never happened."
- Mark Twain

"I don’t plan to grow old gracefully. I plan to have face-lifts until my ears meet."
- Rita Rudner

"First you forget names, then you forget faces, then you forget to pull your zipper up, then you forget to pull your zipper down."
- Leo Rosenberg

"At age 20, we worry about what others think of us…. At age 40, we don’t care what they think of us.... At age 60, we discover they haven’t been thinking of us at all."
- Ann Landers

"When I was young, I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties, I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then, and I’m labelled senile."
- George Burns

"You know you’re getting old when you can pinch an inch on your forehead."
- John Mendoza

"I don't do alcohol anymore – I get the same effect just standing up fast."
-Anonymous

"Getting older. I used to be able to run a 4-minute mile, bench press 380 pounds, and tell the truth."
- Conan O’Brien

"I have reached an age when, if someone tells me to wear socks, I don’t have to."
- Albert Einstein

"You know you are getting old when everything hurts, and what doesn’t hurt doesn’t work."
- Hy Gardner

"When your friends begin to flatter you on how young you look, it’s a sure sign you’re getting old."
- Mark Twain

“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.”
- George Burns

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Agreed,down side our brain thinks we're still in our 30's doing things,business as usual then your body reminds you," dont do that" if your lucky.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Past the point of "getting older". Hell I would feel better if I was just "older". Dino now comes in play. LB

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m around that “crossover” point for lack of better terms. My mind has the will and determination to write the checks still yet my body isn’t as good at cashing it anymore. I’m struggling accepting that I can’t do what I once could. At least without repercussion. I look back at the things I used to do or lack of sleep chasing waterfowl and can’t even begin to understand how I could even function. Now if it’s not an evening hunt I’m not interested. Even then setting out 1000 snow decoys doesn’t appeal to me anymore……

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm only 60 and starting to notice I'm getting lazier .
Lol,yup that's how it starts bet you'll start road hunting more now as well,been there done that.

Waterfowling i seldom decoy hunt i rather sit on a good dry land pass shoot, watch the excitement on my dogs face and how he works.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Like I say, we are living proof that we can get away with a lot of shit and still be alive, should have been dead many times over

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 237
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 140
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 57