Ghost Blind (Mirrors)

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone ever use one of these? Seems like it could be the ticket somewhere like the Sheyenne Nat'l Grasslands where there is a ton of open prairie. I could see applications if it's the real deal....

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
They work, but you HAVE to have thick back cover if you're using a bow. The movement will stick out like a polka band at a funeral. The other thing is to NOT sit too close to the darn thing. The rifle or bow will bump the back and the whole image moves. It takes some thought on where to use them, but they do have their place. Good Luck!!

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep , pretty cool but would agree, any wind may cause havoc. ???
Hope it works for ya and waiting for review.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM hit the nail on the head with having a dense backdrop. Comes with tie downs and stakes for heavy wind. If you get one, make sure you get an extender for EVERY panel. They are not very tall

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would think that would be the cat's meow for bow hunting elk in the mountains.
I've used it a couple times during elk archery out here (Live near Helena), but you need to be pretty mobile and they are a PITA to move around quietly. Like having half a sheet of plywood strapped to your back in the woods

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s all I’ve used for almost ten years now. I could kill a buck in a plowed field with one at 15 yards if I had to

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s all I’ve used for almost ten years now. I could kill a buck in a plowed field with one at 15 yards if I had to
I bought the Phantom (35" tall). Any tips/tricks that you've developed over the 10 years you've been using yours?

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Years ago,spring snow goose hunting we used large sheet mirrors to walk up on feeding birds,worked great unless sunny...reflection glare ....not good,great concept in foliage.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Years ago,spring snow goose hunting we used large sheet mirrors to walk up on feeding birds,worked great unless sunny...reflection glare ....not good,great concept in foliage.
Cow decoys worked better than mirrors.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought the Phantom (35" tall). Any tips/tricks that you've developed over the 10 years you've been using yours?
So you need a chair that is short enough to hide behind the blind. I only shoot through the shooting slots on the top of the blind. When the deer is on its way in get positioned to where you plan on taking the shot with your bow upright but just below the top of the panel. When the deer is behind the tallest part of the blind draw back smooth and slowly raise up to the shooting lane. Wait for the deer to walk into the lane and take the shot. If you are right handed your last shooting lane is the left end of the blind. You should be set up so that the deer is quartered away at the end of the blind. I never plan on shooting out of the right side of the blind. Make sure you practice shooting out of the blind and make a lot of different situations while you practice. It’s tough to explain through text. I might make a few drawings for you

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 154
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 52