Hardwater Marine

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Found out some more info. It's roto molded "think of a giant Yeti". The setup size is 128"L x 84"W x 80"H. The side folds outs. The trailering size is 128"L x 62"W x 80"H. It looks interesting and slick. Guy that developed the house fished LOTW a lot and runs across the lake to the NW Angle and wanted to fish out of something with hard walls and not tent walls that could be towed by ATV, SxS, etc...

700lbs doesn't seem like a weight that would scream portable. How would this compare to the aluminum skid house already being produced? I did a quick look an many of the aluminum skid houses are 500 to 900lbs depending on size.

Is the thought that the plastic material will be more robust than the aluminum frame? easier to tow in snow?

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
for that money I would buy a Alumalite fish house and a trailer to haul it on.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Alumalite houses are super lite for their size and you can get that hard plastic (like in the bottom of an end-dump trailer) on the bottom of the skies and they pull really easy. There is a guy who has an 8x12 with a V and drags it all over the place up on the ON side of LOW with a polaris widetrack snowmobile. I think the camper dealer in Lakota sells them. At least they had some out last winter.

- - - Updated - - -

full-24990-52631-img_0102.jpg
full-24990-52634-img_0128.jpg
full-24990-52633-img_0105.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

http://fishingminnesota.com/forums/topic/203473-aluma-lite-skid-houses/

Correction, he has a 6x12 +V

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like new things so give them credit, but just seems to miss what I think would be the actual market. Find the bridge between the wheel houses (and some skid houses) and the Otter flip overs. Also get rid of the all black interior sides.

Flip Over Pros
1.) Portable and easily towed by atv and snowmobile in deep snow
2.) 120 lbs
3.) $1000
4.) Fast and easy hole drilling

Flip Over Cons
1.) Extreme weather/wind Protection
2.) Slow set up and take down factoring in (banking/sealing snow skirt, heater set-up, lights, etc.
3.) Gear organization and wear and tare on that gear when pulling long distance

Wheel/Skid House Pros
1.) Extreme weather protection
2.) Organization and storage of gear
3.) Heater and propane storage - light a match or push a button and ready to roll
4.) Size and Room when fishing

Wheel/Skid house cons
1.) Price - $6k +++++
2.) Portability in deep snow
3.) weight (700 lbs +++) and larger machine required to pull

Its obvious there is a gap between the two and I would think this is where the market would be. The weight should be limited to 400lbs max. Lighter the better. The price needs to be limited to $3-4K. Im thinking something like a hybrid with a custom plastic sled that has built in storage for heater, propane, rods, battery, built in lights, built in electrical hook ups, misc gear... The design on the storage needs to factor in protection from the rough ride across the hard water. I think something like a pop-up camper concept with some fabric in key places will keep the weight down and the size during tow down. Try to find a solution to all the cons for each above.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 38