What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Help rigging my rod/reel combos
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Ponyroper" data-source="post: 159523" data-attributes="member: 423"><p>I could use some advice on how to use the various combos I've accumulated. I've been to several fishing seminars at sports shows but they generally talk about different equipment than I have so I end up confused. Which of my rigs should I use for jigging, crankbaits, bottom bouncers, jigging rapalas, rippin' rapalas etc. Here is what I have.</p><p></p><p>Diawa 'Strike' 6'6" ultra light power, fast action rod w/ Diawa 6752 reel and 4# mono.</p><p></p><p>Fenwick HMX 6'6" med. light power, med. fast action rod w/Lews TS200S and 4# Crystal Fireline. Spare spool has 6# Trilene XL mono.</p><p></p><p>Fenwick HMG 6' med. power, med. fast action rod w/Pfluegar Trion GX7 reel and 10# Trilene Sensation mono. Spare spool has 8# Fireline.</p><p></p><p>Scheels Proclassic 6' med. light power, med. fast rod w/Lews TS200H reel and 6# orange Fireline.</p><p></p><p>Scheels Tournament 7' med. power, heavy action rod w/Pfluegar 6940 President reel and 10# Trilene Sensation mono.</p><p></p><p>Shimano Convergence 6'6" med. power, fast action rod w/Diawa 17LC AccuDepth Plus reel and 14# smoke Fireline.</p><p></p><p>Scheels Outfitter 6'6" heavy power rod w/Okuma 301LC reel and 18# Suffex lead core line.</p><p></p><p>Escalade HD 7' heavy power, med. action rod w/Abu Garcia Black Max reel and 20# Suffex 832 braid.</p><p></p><p>Appreciate any recommendations for these combos.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Ponyroper, post: 159523, member: 423"] I could use some advice on how to use the various combos I've accumulated. I've been to several fishing seminars at sports shows but they generally talk about different equipment than I have so I end up confused. Which of my rigs should I use for jigging, crankbaits, bottom bouncers, jigging rapalas, rippin' rapalas etc. Here is what I have. Diawa 'Strike' 6'6" ultra light power, fast action rod w/ Diawa 6752 reel and 4# mono. Fenwick HMX 6'6" med. light power, med. fast action rod w/Lews TS200S and 4# Crystal Fireline. Spare spool has 6# Trilene XL mono. Fenwick HMG 6' med. power, med. fast action rod w/Pfluegar Trion GX7 reel and 10# Trilene Sensation mono. Spare spool has 8# Fireline. Scheels Proclassic 6' med. light power, med. fast rod w/Lews TS200H reel and 6# orange Fireline. Scheels Tournament 7' med. power, heavy action rod w/Pfluegar 6940 President reel and 10# Trilene Sensation mono. Shimano Convergence 6'6" med. power, fast action rod w/Diawa 17LC AccuDepth Plus reel and 14# smoke Fireline. Scheels Outfitter 6'6" heavy power rod w/Okuma 301LC reel and 18# Suffex lead core line. Escalade HD 7' heavy power, med. action rod w/Abu Garcia Black Max reel and 20# Suffex 832 braid. Appreciate any recommendations for these combos. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Help rigging my rod/reel combos
Top
Bottom