Identify Your Sunfish

That guy

Honored Member
Maybe I’m wrong but I thought fish was both singular and plural. Didn’t finish the video when he kept saying sunfishes. Reminds me of deers��

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe I’m wrong but I thought fish was both singular and plural. Didn’t finish the video when he kept saying sunfishes. Reminds me of deers��

Agreed. It may have been informative, but it was hard to get passed the grammar and the thought of him smoking copious amounts of weed while studying "sunfishes".

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I dont care what you call them cept big enough to fry. LB

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
mr steve,yup memories of my youth cleaning a mess of sunfish/crappies,scale with a spoon,gut,cut the fins out flour n pan fry,today on occassion I'll take the time to scale(with a spoon) only today in my dish sink half full of water to keep the scales from flying around then take the electric knife to em hard to beat a sunfish/crappie boneless fish fry.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I couldn't watch it all, too much focus on anal spines. Sort of reminded me of crunching the whole sunflower seed rather than cracking it and spitting out the shell. Anal Spines are not good and ought not be anyone's focus short of Proctology and maybe the odd Urologist.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
[h=1]Fish vs. fishes[/h]

The plural of fish is usually fish, but fishes has a few uses. In biology, for instance, fishes is used to refer to multiple species of fish. For example, if you say you saw four fish when scuba diving, that means you saw four individual fish, but if you say you saw four fishes, we might infer that you saw an undetermined number of fish of four different species.

Fishes, with an apostrophe,also serves as the plural possessive of fish—for example, the fishes’ scales were yellow. And of course fishes is the present-progressive verb (e.g., she fishes in the river).
Fishes also appears in the cinematic gangster idiom sleep with the fishes, used to indicate that someone has been whacked (and perhaps given a water burial).

Attachments

Fish vs fishes.jpg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fish vs. fishes

The plural of fish is usually fish, but fishes has a few uses. In biology, for instance, fishes is used to refer to multiple species of fish. For example, if you say you saw four fish when scuba diving, that means you saw four individual fish, but if you say you saw four fishes, we might infer that you saw an undetermined number of fish of four different species.

Fishes, with an apostrophe,also serves as the plural possessive of fish—for example, the fishes’ scales were yellow. And of course fishes is the present-progressive verb (e.g., she fishes in the river).
Fishes also appears in the cinematic gangster idiom sleep with the fishes, used to indicate that someone has been whacked (and perhaps given a water burial).
Nice.

I would think this would also apply to someone from Wisconsin

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84