If you didn't hunt/fish

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
This question is in reality almost a trick question at least for me ( and would guess most everybody else on here) so it is quite impossible to truly answer it for in the end hunting and fishing are not hobbies to me they are in fact who I am and therefore it makes it nearly impossible to truly answer this question in any legitimate way. That said if I had to choose something I guess I'd have to go with my favorite hobby these days whos appeal is growing over the years and that is napping cuz God damn it it is just such a lovely thing!:) now mind you I find the greatest naps happen to come after a nice morning hunt followed by a damn good breakfast and then two or three hours of a light coma! As the Great Martha Stewart said it's a good thing!;:;rofl

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hard to even fathom really.
Could I guide fishing? #$%^&> :;:thumbsup
I'd like to have a 1/4 drag race car. Our youngest raced dirtbikes and we really enjoyed traveling to tracks every weekend.
Probably travel allot and do more photography than I already do now.
But still life would suck ...

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I didn't hunt or fish I'd probably be way more into working on trucks and cars than I am now. I like working on them, and would love to have a 1/4 or 1/8th mile dragster. I think it would be a lot of fun to travel around the country racing.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Mountain biking/kayaking/golf/racquet ball...stuff I still do occasionally now. Oh...more yard work I suppose...

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd be replying to the No Drink January thread about why I need to quit drinking.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
i Already have other things I do like golf and bike so I’m sure I’d do more of those but for something completely new to replace hunt/fish I’d like to Play the guitar and be a better cook.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
Snowmobiling, golfing, and video games. It would sure suck losing the ability to harvest your own wild game and fish. I'd be spending a lot more at the grocery store.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'd be welding and fabricating in the shop, catching up on my reloading, 4 wheeling, photography and carousing with loose wimmen.

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
Without the outdoors I would most definitely have more money! Besides hunting I am a car junkie. I have a bad habit of buying cars or trucks. I don't keep them all but have a few for cruising. Thank god my wife loves me cuz neither hobby is cheap!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Something with motors and at least 4 wheels. Not sure if it'd be drags, dirt, jeeps, rock-crawlers, or ????? More photography.

Maybe without other hobbies, maybe I'd develop the patients it requires to be a true craftsman with metal and/or woodworking. Currently I'm in the "Sawzall and duct-tape" league.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Something with motors and at least 4 wheels. Not sure if it'd be drags, dirt, jeeps, rock-crawlers, or ????? More photography.

Maybe without other hobbies, maybe I'd develop the patients it requires to be a true craftsman with metal and/or woodworking. Currently I'm in the "Sawzall and duct-tape" league.

paging Dr MFr... paging Dr MFr.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Horses and cowboy stuff. I grew up helping my grandpa on his ranch and miss it. It's hard to have a horse and do the cowboy thing if you don't have a ranch to work. I have a friend that just sold his horses because all he did with them is feed them. Sad to see the horses sit not being used, but even more sad to see a cowboy sitting not being used. Truthfully, I think I was a little more sad than I should have been when he sold his horses. I would have probably taken up team roping too. That is time consuming and costs lots of money...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 196
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88