Is spring here?

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, not to be the bearer of bad news, but I once (maybe several times) read a report years ago that gave us really good odds of having a 30's style drought happening before 2050. While I don't recall all the details, something like that is life altering for all residents of ND. We've been living the good life with all the extra moisture over the past 30 yrs, and while we've been dry since last spring, it hasn't even really started to remove all that extra water off the countryside yet.

Like I told someone a few days ago, it's likely farmers and ranchers will get a few acres of land back this year. But it's going to come with a cost.

Come up to the North Central part of the state. We've had four dry years in a row with the fall before last a little break in that with alot of moisture. Lots of dry sloughs and stock ponds here. Not quite as dry as 88 and 89 but getting darn close. I really hope all NWS prediction of more dry and hot weather this spring and summer doesn't come true. Lots of us cattle guys will be in serious trouble.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep , spring is here . My lilacs are "blooming " !!!!
20210310_203853.jpg

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Come up to the North Central part of the state. We've had four dry years in a row with the fall before last a little break in that with alot of moisture. Lots of dry sloughs and stock ponds here. Not quite as dry as 88 and 89 but getting darn close. I really hope all NWS prediction of more dry and hot weather this spring and summer doesn't come true. Lots of us cattle guys will be in serious trouble.

I was up in Westhope last spring, it was as wet as wet could be. Where are you from there?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well got 4X what they said to expect. Got more in the yard than I had all winter. Lab looked at me this morning like "you got to be s__ting me" then dove headlong off the back steps and disappearded for a moment and plowed her way to the back of the kennel to do her business. LB

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 5