Kevin Costner's Horizon movie

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Horizon is streaming, I think it was on max, watched part of it last night. Not impressed, too much stupidity in it for me. They build this town right next to a river that obviously floods on the regular, is anyone that dumb? The kids in it dont seem to be very good actors. The town, which appears to be fairly well armed, is decimated by indians who are few in number and many are shooting arrows. Story is slow and doesnt really grab you, character development feels very weak. Im about half way in and I quit, maybe Ill watch the rest, maybe not.
YES!! White people did this all the time, AND they just put all their sewer and garbage in the river.

Iwhackwheat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every winter while ice fishing I watch Lonesome Dove and Centennial at least once through. I'm not scared of a long movie/series. I watched Horizon in the theater and felt like it has a lot of potential. I hope it all gets made and shows up on DVD at some point. I need something new to watch while I'm not catching fish!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pure speculation, 0 facts, but, it might go something like this:

"I need a new 50 Million Dollar ranch".

"So, I'll buy the ranch, make the movie on the ranch, lease the ranch back to the production company to cover much of the cost of the ranch, or, I'll donate the use of the ranch to the production company and take a giant tax deduction."

"If the movie loses $$, I'll take another tax deduction. If by some stroke of luck we make something that becomes a classic like Lonesome Dove or the like, I'll by the ranches surrounding my new ranch."

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel like we're in some sort of time slip: He authenticated his signature on a "Reagan" movie poster on "Pawn Stars" two years ago...

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm a 90 minute movie guy. If it gets past 2 hrs, I start getting pissed off. Can't hardly consider a series, because I'll like it pretty well, then they'll start checking boxes. We gotta put in a interracial gay couple who adopted a trans 8-year-old. Done.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
So i finished this last night. I also think the audio was crap, throughout the whole movie I would miss lines here and there, but Im too lazy to rewind all the time. Also I had my audio turned up quite loud, it just doesnt come through clear, or the actors arent enunciating well or something, its frustrating. It got better after the half way point, but I found the end confusing. It was like some drug addled dream, snapshots from a bunch of scenes from the future? Like a preview of what is coming, on LSD? Someone explain that to me...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 143
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 42