Leupold Files Lawsuit Against Nightforce

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't like it when mom and dad fight. If NF can show that the technology is widely used or predates Leupold's patents I think they're off the hook. However, Leupold has been around a long time and is responsible for a lot of the scope technology we have now. I wonder if Leupold is just fishing or if other companies are paying them royalties. Interesting side note, NF just purchased Horus. Pocketbook might be a little thin at the moment.

http://www.ammoland.com/2016/08/leu...ail&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-b25dc6e06a-20829609

Leupold Files Lawsuit Against Nightforce Over Patent Violations

Leupold FX II 3x20 Rifle Scope Exit Pupil
Leupold Files Lawsuit Against Nightforce Over Patent Violations
Leupold & Stevens, Inc.

BEAVERTON, Ore. —-(Ammoland.com)- Leupold & Stevens, Inc., has filed a civil suit in the U.S. District Court of Oregon alleging patent violations by Lightforce U.S.A., doing business as Nightforce.

In the suit, Leupold & Stevens, Inc., alleges that Nightforce is marketing and selling products that infringe on a variety of patents owned by Leupold & Stevens, Inc. and is seeking all available remedies.

The lawsuit is based on six patents for riflescope adjustments, internal optical mechanisms, and flip covers.

Leupold & Stevens, Inc., has been pioneering riflescope and sporting optics technology since 1947, when it developed a non-fogging riflescope charged with nitrogen. Today, Leupold® has been granted over 151 patents and design registrations in 18 countries, representing Leupold’s continued commitment to innovation and development of sports optics. For more information on Leupold products, please visit us at www.leupold.com.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good stuff hope nightforce wins pioneering and leupold have not gone together for 20 plus years.

- - - Updated - - -

good stuff

http://www.scout.com/military/snipers-hide/forums/5511-rifle-scopes/14864615-boredom-in-the-scope-world-leupold-files-suit-against-nf

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doesn't matter what scope I have, I can't hit the broad side of a barn from inside the barn. Now the scatter gun, look out.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure I need a ton of tech in my rifle scope, especially since I don't think I've killed a deer past 100 yards. However, I'll always buy Leopold for the simple fact that their customer service is second to none.

My uncle had an old, old Leopold scope a few years back. He actually dropped the thing, and the adjustment nobs quit working. This was a long-defunct scope, but he decided to send it in anyway because of the lifetime warranty. Leopold sent him a brand new VX-II! Basically got to swap out an old rifle scope for a brand new one.

My VX-II is still dead-on-nuts, but it's nice to know that if something ever were to happen, the company backs their products.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 57
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 18