Remington pays $73 million to settle lawsuit

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
litigation on the predicate exception to the PLCAA is one thing. agreeing to settle on it is a completely other can of worms. i am not familiar on the settlement and whether there was an admission on liability or even whether the predicate exception ultimately applied. but, seems to me settling was a chicken shit way of ending this one after what 10? years? even in Connecticut i think the insurance companies would have had a better than good chance in front of a jury on this one. fucking civil litigation lawyers. take the easy way out, cash your check finally and go on your merry way. .

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
it won't be appealed. it was a settlement. all parties agreed. can't believe the insurance companies agreed to this.

How much legal fees have they racked up? Maybes this was the cheap way out.

Fortunately bankruptcies are what could save gun manufacturers. One goes out of business and another one buys it for cheap after it goes under.

Honestly the worst situation is if insurance companies raise the rates on gun manufacturers or decide to not cover them anymore.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
"President Joe Biden called the settlement "historic" saying "While this settlement does not erase the pain of that tragic day, it does begin the necessary work of holding gun manufacturers accountable for manufacturing weapons of WAR and irresponsibly marketing these firearms."

So an AR is a weapon of war now?
Lets go Brandon!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93