What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Losing my best friend.
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Prairie Doggin'" data-source="post: 367186" data-attributes="member: 6980"><p>With our last dog, I knew within the week I would have to make that decision. Wife was out of town, so dreaded making the call on my own, fearing she would doubt me. Came home for lunch, spent a few minutes with him, ran downstairs for a minute...came back up and he was gone. Thankful I didn't have to make the decision and that I had those couple minutes.</p><p></p><p>It was February - Valentines Day, to be exact. Wrapped him in a favorite blanket and took him to the garage. Spent the next couple weeks building a coffin, complete with routered name, date of birth, date of death, etc. Sealed as best as I could until spring when I could bury him. Hand-dug a grave for the way-too-big coffin, and immediate family had a funeral in April.</p><p></p><p>That was about 13 years ago...current dog in closing in on the end. I find myself hoping she goes in her sleep, as I'm not sure I'm strong enough to make that decision...</p><p></p><p>Dogs provide us with some of the best moments, but also some of the worst.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Prairie Doggin', post: 367186, member: 6980"] With our last dog, I knew within the week I would have to make that decision. Wife was out of town, so dreaded making the call on my own, fearing she would doubt me. Came home for lunch, spent a few minutes with him, ran downstairs for a minute...came back up and he was gone. Thankful I didn't have to make the decision and that I had those couple minutes. It was February - Valentines Day, to be exact. Wrapped him in a favorite blanket and took him to the garage. Spent the next couple weeks building a coffin, complete with routered name, date of birth, date of death, etc. Sealed as best as I could until spring when I could bury him. Hand-dug a grave for the way-too-big coffin, and immediate family had a funeral in April. That was about 13 years ago...current dog in closing in on the end. I find myself hoping she goes in her sleep, as I'm not sure I'm strong enough to make that decision... Dogs provide us with some of the best moments, but also some of the worst. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
40 minutes ago
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
RAY AREA
Latest: guywhofishes
Yesterday at 4:52 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Losing my best friend.
Top
Bottom