What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Losing my best friend.
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="NPO_Aaron" data-source="post: 419582" data-attributes="member: 214"><p>Well, I can't believe I'm posting this within a year of losing my girl, but my best bud, Rider, made his way home to the big cattail slough in the sky. </p><p>He was the best boy. My wife and I brought rider home the same year we got engaged. He was the ring bearer in our wedding. He was there through finishing school, opening businesses, having babies, buying a house, having more babies. Every memory I can think of as an adult, Rider was there. </p><p>On Friday Rides started to not eat. He didn't eat again saturday or sunday. He started getting really tired and could barely stand up. We were travelling, so as soon as we got home sunday evening we called into the emergency vet. </p><p>The vet took x-rays and found that he had a bladder tumor and it was getting so large that it was pressing on his intestines. There wasn't anything we could do for him and we made the hard choice. </p><p>My tough guy heart is shattered. Losing both of my old dogs in such a short amount of time has made me really think about my life and how much I've missed by being so "busy". It's time to slow down. Time isn't stopping and we need to make the most of it before it runs out. I know that someday the hurt will lessen, but I'll never forget about you big boy. I hope that everyone gets the chance to experience a dog like you. </p><p>[ATTACH=full]69214[/ATTACH]</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="NPO_Aaron, post: 419582, member: 214"] Well, I can't believe I'm posting this within a year of losing my girl, but my best bud, Rider, made his way home to the big cattail slough in the sky. He was the best boy. My wife and I brought rider home the same year we got engaged. He was the ring bearer in our wedding. He was there through finishing school, opening businesses, having babies, buying a house, having more babies. Every memory I can think of as an adult, Rider was there. On Friday Rides started to not eat. He didn't eat again saturday or sunday. He started getting really tired and could barely stand up. We were travelling, so as soon as we got home sunday evening we called into the emergency vet. The vet took x-rays and found that he had a bladder tumor and it was getting so large that it was pressing on his intestines. There wasn't anything we could do for him and we made the hard choice. My tough guy heart is shattered. Losing both of my old dogs in such a short amount of time has made me really think about my life and how much I've missed by being so "busy". It's time to slow down. Time isn't stopping and we need to make the most of it before it runs out. I know that someday the hurt will lessen, but I'll never forget about you big boy. I hope that everyone gets the chance to experience a dog like you. [ATTACH type="full"]69214[/ATTACH] [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
14 minutes ago
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
28 minutes ago
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: Rowdie
38 minutes ago
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
52 minutes ago
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
55 minutes ago
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Today at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Today at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Today at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Today at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Today at 5:58 PM
RAY AREA
Latest: guywhofishes
Today at 4:52 PM
Pine Wilt
Latest: BrokenBackJack
Today at 4:32 PM
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: RyanN
Today at 2:02 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Losing my best friend.
Top
Bottom