Marcum Recon 5

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well I finally got one! Been wanting an underwater camera for sometime now. I have a nice lowance 4x I use all the time ice fishing but I've always wanted something to look under the ice with ... Check structure... See what kinda fish are showing up on my lowrance.

That being said I wanted somthing portable since I already have a sonar and the recon should be able to fit inside my sonar soft case.

It was a toss up between the marcum and aqua vu micro II but I wasn't for sure.... The marcum has IR and LED combo... I think that's what sold me... and I kept reading reviews on marcum and the difference in picture there units offer.

I'm excited to get it.. only down side this is my "Christmas present" so I won't get it for a few more weeks ... but the way the weather is... Not like I can use it right now anyway 😏

bowcarp

Founding Member
Founding Member
cameras are fun they have their limitations , what I've liked best about having one is what you can learn/teach yourself on how fish react to different presentations , if your jigging , dead sticking or just they're swimming around watching their body language , I've even used mine to pre-sort perch , we were on a good bite but lots of small ones , i would just pull the jig away from the little ones and let the bigger one take it

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nice! I read a story about a guy fishing a smaller damn amd didn't catch anything for an hour... Dropped the camera down and the whole dam was winter killed... Could you imagine sitting out there all day without knowing that �� ... Lucky they had a camera and were able to salvage the rest of the day somewhere else!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 62
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 19