Underwater Camera decision

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You are all making me want to buy a camera now. I thought I was going to be happy with just a flasher damnit...

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
You are all making me want to buy a camera now. I thought I was going to be happy with just a flasher damnit...

I don't need one this year. Next year, when I have the kiddo in the ice house, a camera is worth it's weight in gold. I kept my niece and nephew entertained all day until they finally fell asleep on the top bunk. Brother and I got to fish and have a few cold ones inside the permanent.

tommygun23

Established Member
I also ran into another mount option on an indepthoutdoors forum. A cheaper option but just as effective as the ram mount.

Here is the link to the mount: https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/catch-cover-pro-snake-rod-holder-c-clamp?a=1548583
CAFE09AB-845D-4F89-9694-D94A714F6F75-26314-00001E16289218F9.jpg

tommygun23

Established Member
After a few weeks I finally finished my project and decided what I wanted. Figured I couldn't justify the lithium shuttle this year so I went a cheaper route with the genz box and love it. Handles so much better than the shitty marcum case the LX7 comes in. The Recon 5 I decided on mounts up great with the cheap $10 catch cover mount as well. Glad I did what I did. IMG_0389.jpgIMG_0388.jpg

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the LX7 with the regular case and man does that thing suck. Is the shuttle worth the money?
I had a lx7 for 2 years and the 7 is huge compared to the lx6 that I use now.

- - - Updated - - -

I have the LX7 with the regular case and man does that thing suck. Is the shuttle worth the money?
I had a lx7 for 2 years and the 7 is huge compared to the lx6 that I use now.

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
lol if this year ends up like last year my camera will sit on the shelf all winter.

I have the CFish that the camera rotates left or right like Sluggo's. no twisted cords and its pretty heavy so I kind of bounce it off the bottom to stir it up a bit when fishing is slow. stirring up the bottom a bit seems to bring in curious bluegills, perch and crappies but probably scares walleyes off as they haven't come in when I do it.

when I end up replacing it I will look for a camera that rotates without rotating the cord.

here is video of a lake I want to fish next time I am in Kansas visiting family. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GMXXdcsj3g

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, I used Christmas money and GC and visited Scheels yesterday. Bought my wife a birthday present, and got something for myself: Aqua-Vu 715c! Not the HD, which when I saw them both side-by-side I couldn't tell much of a difference (other than about $300 on the price tag). So I went the frugal route and got the 715C, and threw in a bit extra for the remote control camera panning tripod. Taking No. 1 Son out Sunday for our first ice fishing trip of the season and we are both super excited to see this thing in action!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to further modify the catch cover arm. It doesn't fit real snug on a ultra pack carrier. So, I'm going to drill some holes and attach it via a couple bolts.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 208
  • This month: 182
  • This month: 166
  • This month: 141
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 98
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 90