Underwater video Camera

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel as though I would be dickin around with the camera more than jigging with my pole

Lostlunker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone ever use the Aqua Vu Micro II? Had em on sale at Scheels so I picked one up. Nice and portable so I'm hoping it works well for run and gunning and throwing over the edge of the canoe in the summer. I'm also going to try and rig up a flexible arm for it to fit in my carry bag to sit next to my graph as a sort of diy vex double vision setup when I'm sitting in the flip over. Hopefully I get to test it out this weekend.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
We cancelled our order and bought the pan cam locally. I've got some issues I will describe in detail tomorrow.

Batman4277

I had the Aqua Vu Scout ll and then bought the Aqua Vu 360. both were great at first but then they both seemed to lose there clarity over time. am thinking about getting a Marcum next. Runnings in Dickinson now has their underwater cameras 15% off if anyone is looking to buy one.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Camera is great. Ain't sold on the WiFi thing. I could see a lot of phones being lost. It will be good for the ice house though plugged into the TV. You still need a phone to control the thing though. A separate remote should come with it. The camera is the best I've personally seen. Great at night. But, the light might scare more fish than it attracts. Don't know yet. For running and gunning, I see some problems. The cord wants to unwind as soon as you start releasing it. You need to be sure to leave some slack on the bottom or the motor can't turn. I question whether a better design wouldn't just involve a good motorized tripod and a better cord wrapping set up. The carrying case seems neat. The camera doesn't fit nicely in the little spot intended for it at all. Must have been a blind China man who designed that part. I give it a 8 out of 10. Maybe a 7. Definitely not a 9.

Might want to take it back and get the one with the screen. But that's $100 more and doesn't have the motor tripod. To get both, you get close to $300 more. So, on 2nd thought, it's a solid 8 for $325.

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Marcum cams prolly scramble a fish's lateral line so they cant find your lure with their eyes shut.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
AV Micro 5 supposed to have a camera that has a zoom feature and I am having difficulty finding information on whether it only for still pictures or can it zoom live video. Anyone have one that can chime in to tell me what is the zoom feature exact.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
by the way, i ended up with an extra marcum pan cam last year. it is still in its never opened amazon shipping container. someone can make me a reasonable offer and its theirs. i said reasonable lycan. and no... a bottle of mexican vanilla, 50lb bag of softener salt and a queen bee without a colony is not reasonable.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 1
Top Bottom