What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Bird Hunting
Waterfowl
migration 26
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="NDbowman" data-source="post: 498851" data-attributes="member: 1525"><p>Back in the day when I hunted water fowl hard, we'd go after about anything. Sure we'd sit in the goose decoys in the morning and were always looking for mallards and pintails, but we had no problem decoying sloughs and popping teal, gadwalls, and some shovelers. Turned all the ducks into jerky. I've never been a fan of any duck but made into jerky they all taste the same.</p><p>We'd also try and hit the mouse river at least once in a season to try and get a nice colored wood duck, I shot a couple but wished I hadn't as they weren't as colorful as I had thought. We'd also try and hit some deeper sloughs to get some divers and different ducks. Went after bluebills in the turtle mountains a few times but never did shoot one up there.</p><p>I've had guys tell me that snow goose is the best to eat, and others tell me snow goose is the worst to eat. Seems everyone has a preference. A speckle belly would have been the ultimate prize for us back in the early 90s but sure didn't see many of them back then. Now days they seem more abundant.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="NDbowman, post: 498851, member: 1525"] Back in the day when I hunted water fowl hard, we'd go after about anything. Sure we'd sit in the goose decoys in the morning and were always looking for mallards and pintails, but we had no problem decoying sloughs and popping teal, gadwalls, and some shovelers. Turned all the ducks into jerky. I've never been a fan of any duck but made into jerky they all taste the same. We'd also try and hit the mouse river at least once in a season to try and get a nice colored wood duck, I shot a couple but wished I hadn't as they weren't as colorful as I had thought. We'd also try and hit some deeper sloughs to get some divers and different ducks. Went after bluebills in the turtle mountains a few times but never did shoot one up there. I've had guys tell me that snow goose is the best to eat, and others tell me snow goose is the worst to eat. Seems everyone has a preference. A speckle belly would have been the ultimate prize for us back in the early 90s but sure didn't see many of them back then. Now days they seem more abundant. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Boys had a heck of a weekend
Latest: svnmag
26 minutes ago
Cast Iron/New Crisco
Latest: svnmag
34 minutes ago
migration 26
Latest: Jiffy
38 minutes ago
Bear Again
Latest: bucksnbears
Today at 8:04 PM
C
What happened to DB-2
Latest: camper
Today at 7:21 PM
Saddle Hunting Newb
Latest: bucksnbears
Today at 7:11 PM
I HATE coyotes!!!!
Latest: Jiffy
Today at 5:54 PM
Fall fishing?
Latest: Kurtr
Today at 5:43 PM
4
Pheasant opener # 57
Latest: 49994
Today at 1:02 PM
S
ISO - Brittany Pup
Latest: SLE
Today at 10:15 AM
Walkin and thinkin
Latest: Kurtr
Today at 8:58 AM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Jiffy
Today at 7:49 AM
B
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: Browneye
Yesterday at 6:14 PM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: 1bigfokker
Yesterday at 6:06 PM
Sale
Ford Tailgate bench
Latest: BrokenBackJack
Yesterday at 12:48 PM
Ham/Women
Latest: CatDaddy
Tuesday at 10:13 PM
P
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Tuesday at 8:58 PM
Sharptails/Huns with labradors
Latest: svnmag
Tuesday at 7:30 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: 3Roosters
Tuesday at 4:45 PM
ISO Vizsla pup
Latest: Yoby
Tuesday at 3:17 PM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: Eatsleeptrap
Tuesday at 6:30 AM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Bird Hunting
Waterfowl
migration 26
Top
Bottom