More train -

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Derailments,North Dakota yesterday, Minnesota today,Minnesota town evacuation underway,wtf is going on?

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Media is just covering them more… I feel like they happened frequently before they are just getting the limelight now.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Media is just covering them more… I feel like they happened frequently before they are just getting the limelight now.
This for sure. Since that Ohio one they are now mentioning them all,big or small. They have happened quit frequently over the years, and maybe reported locally if at all. I would think it would happen alot more with all the miles of ground shifting, heat and cold cycles etc...

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wait until all that snow starts to melt and the frost starts coming out of the ground, they will become more frequent. Ground will get pretty squishy.
It's called expansion and contraction with the cold and heat. Even now with the cold nights and the sun higher up in the sky. The track is constantly moving.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have told people what is going on….some don’t listen.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nope…they are bigger. Media isn’t going to cover a 4 car derailment….but 50 cars…fire..absolutely they will cover it.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What do you think is going on?
It’s all about money for these companies. One earnings call can’t remember if it was CSX or UP or NS etc. from what I remember they want an average train size to be close to 200 cars. I believe 5 years ago the average was half that.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
In the old days when the train came to town there was maybe one or two passenger cars , a dozen small box cars for grain, maybe half a dozen cars of merchandise and lumber maybe a tractor or combine on a flatcar and few cars for Porter Brothers to load out scrap iron and in the winter coal box cars. The old boxcars were about half the size and weight of the new hopper bottom cars.

Now days when the train rolls in she is pulling at the the minimum over 100 plus huge hopper bottom grain cars down the same tracks that were laid out in the olden days. I haven't paid attention to any of the derailments other than I noticed the drone footage on the news of the last couple derailments and there was water close to the tracks on both of them.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Snow don't forget about nuclear waste spills in Minnesota or barges carrying methane on the river
Must all be bidens fault....Mr disaster, one after another, all of this sure keeps the focus off this clown 🤡

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Must all be bidens fault....Mr disaster, one after another, all of this sure keeps the focus off this clown 🤡
Nope I have to disagree with you snow and I apologize if that offends you. This is not an administrative failure in the way that most people think that having someone besides the boots on the ground be in control of the day to day operations. This is an accountability at the management level, fester my bud has opened my eyes to this and even though I absolutely loathe that worthless pos in the capital he is not to blame. Too much oversight is actually counterproductive here because it gives some a fail safe way to pass the blame on to some other person who will get fired,given a hefty severance package and be allowed to go somewhere else to get job. No we need accountability within the companies that continue to destroy our environment. I gave the excuse that oh poor railroad workers didn't get the 72 hour time off they asked for and the big bad guberment said if I strike again I could go to jail. Man the fuck up and do your job because people that rely on their goods getting to them in a timely fashion or the people who live in these communities where this accidents have a real bad impact on their lives don't care if you didn't get what you wanted they just want to live in a country of the old way that takes pride in their work and want everyone to be able to go home to live the American dream.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since I must be in purgatory or my thread have gone too political I will post this article here because this is the reason why shit happens and will continue to happen until someone behind a desk is held accountable for these tragic events.
https://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/Pages/RRD23MR005.aspx
Read this if you want to to know where the blame game goes

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope I have to disagree with you snow and I apologize if that offends you. This is not an administrative failure in the way that most people think that having someone besides the boots on the ground be in control of the day to day operations. This is an accountability at the management level, fester my bud has opened my eyes to this and even though I absolutely loathe that worthless pos in the capital he is not to blame. Too much oversight is actually counterproductive here because it gives some a fail safe way to pass the blame on to some other person who will get fired,given a hefty severance package and be allowed to go somewhere else to get job. No we need accountability within the companies that continue to destroy our environment. I gave the excuse that oh poor railroad workers didn't get the 72 hour time off they asked for and the big bad guberment said if I strike again I could go to jail. Man the fuck up and do your job because people that rely on their goods getting to them in a timely fashion or the people who live in these communities where this accidents have a real bad impact on their lives don't care if you didn't get what you wanted they just want to live in a country of the old way that takes pride in their work and want everyone to be able to go home to live the American dream.
I was speaking in jest,all the recent biden disasters are Trumps fault, decided to throw the 1st stone,couldn't believe bidens excuse last week for all the fetenyal deaths,yep he blamed Trump.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 62
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 22