Dakota Bowl XXX

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Helluva a good game. Congrats Aggies and to Larry for an awesome career.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are Squirrels in my house, so not excited about the outcome. But it was a great game, exactly what you want out of a 'Ship! Kudo's to the Aggies and happy for Larry.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are Squirrels in my house, so not excited about the outcome. But it was a great game, exactly what you want out of a 'Ship! Kudo's to the Aggies and happy for Larry.
If there is anything I would have changed about the game, it would be the horse collar tackle call. That kid made a great play, it’s unfortunate that it was a not-so-great call.

Otherwise, it was one of the most exciting games I’ve seen.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You play in the 2005 game then, that was oksendahls last game as a tornado. I was very pleased to see the aggies won that year.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
You play in the 2005 game then, that was oksendahls last game as a tornado. I was very pleased to see the aggies won that year.
I did. I was part of the 03’ 04’ 05’ and 06’ championship teams. A long, long time ago.

That game was probably the best I had ever been a part of.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did. I was part of the 03’ 04’ 05’ and 06’ championship teams. A long, long time ago.

That game was probably the best I had ever been a part of.
Yeah you guys snapped an astronomical team that year in the tornadoes they had up to that game like 45 games winning streak or something crazy like that. Your qb was a wrecking ball the tornadoes didn't have an answer for him. I watched that game on TV and you could hear the tornadoes coach yelling on TV. I guess the parents at the game weren't pleased with the way he was carrying on plus other things over his carreer as thier football coach. So they forced him to retire

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Speaking of the tornadoes, I thought they missed a bad pass interference call on the last two point conversion attempt.

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
After all the talk during the game of how good the kicker was for Central Cass I was surprised they did not kick the field goal from what would have been the distance of an extra point to try going up 23-22. There was roughly a minute left in the game. Interesting decision there on 4th down.....

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
After all the talk during the game of how good the kicker was for Central Cass I was surprised they did not kick the field goal from what would have been the distance of an extra point to try going up 23-22. There was roughly a minute left in the game. Interesting decision there on 4th down.....
Unless you have been a coach you have no idea how many "interesting" calls are made in a game. Extra points are not automatic, even for a pro. It didn't surprise me that they went for the TD. They had marched the ball right down the field. Don't know if someone was supposed to block the outside rush or whether they thought the runner would be through line before the defender from that side was going to be there. Either way it was a great defensive play. Calling the perfect play is a chess match. You judge what has been working, the mood of the players, what is their feeling. Has that play been effective throughout the game. You're a hero when you guess correctly and question "why" when it doesn't. Guarantee you that no coach makes a call thinking it won't work.

First two games were pretty exciting, last two, not so much. Neither of the last two required much thinking of play calls. I suspect that the Class B teams tend to be closer as there isn't as much familiarity where the Class A schools frequently have played during the regular season.

I'm betting every school playing yesterday were glad that that indoor stadiums are available in the state.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88