Tech schools and college ND

grantfurness

Here is the real deal -----

a. Spokane sends juniors and seniors to Eastern WA (the red field) during 11 and 12th grade. Yes they lose out of the HS experience --- however they spend less time at school and the cost is a lot less then High school tution.
Every high school in Washington offers this for kids that want to and are qualified. They’ve been doing it since I was in high school in the 80s. It’s a good program, they graduate school with a high school diploma & associates degree at the same time. My niece did it, she graduated this past June, four years after graduating high school with a masters degree & had an $80,000/year job waiting.

Last edited:

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
NDSU would lose their R1 research status if they weren’t the states land grant university that automatically gets all of the ag research funding without having to compete for the funding
There isn't money in medical or aerospace research?

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hard to be the big boss with only a 2 year degree. If you are fine being at the bottom your whole career then a 4 year degree is not needed.
Yea, you don't need a 4 year degree... Anyone who says you do doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground. I know plenty of guys with no college education that are making $150k+/year. And no, they are nowhere near the "bottom". Show up with a desire to work, learn, and improve yourself and the people around you and you'll do just fine.

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
Hard to be the big boss with only a 2 year degree. If you are fine being at the bottom your whole career then a 4 year degree is not needed.
Funny, I ain't got a lick of college.. heck I think they graduated me from high school just to get me out of there. I've been managing people since before my 20th birthday and where I currently sit I'm the man driving the bus... College ain't nothing more than indoctrination any more.. bunch of parrots.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two year degrees, and even one year and certificate programs, are the real deal today. That isn’t saying the right 4 degree isn’t worthwhile too. Kids need guidance in choosing the path that suits their strengths and interests. If they’re willing to work, they have a future.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well i got one of them 4-year college degrees and have never made close to $100,000 including benefits in one year. So there, you people without the college degrees making $150,000+. But it was with NDSU.

However, i got a ton of memories from those four years. The muscle cars, airport road, the beer and then the working women and then old mill. Well worth the price of lower future income.

I am still looking for my butt hole and that was the deal for me. db

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yea, you don't need a 4 year degree... Anyone who says you do doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground. I know plenty of guys with no college education that are making $150k+/year. And no, they are nowhere near the "bottom". Show up with a desire to work, learn, and improve yourself and the people around you and you'll do just fine.
Care to share this 150000+ a year job with the rest of us, :unsure:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny, I ain't got a lick of college.. heck I think they graduated me from high school just to get me out of there. I've been managing people since before my 20th birthday and where I currently sit I'm the man driving the bus... College ain't nothing more than indoctrination any more.. bunch of parrots.
Well being a manager for burger King doesn't need a college degree either at 20 yrs old.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
What the government really needs to do is repeal the 19th amendment, once that can of worms was opened was when woman were allowed to get a credit card in their names, now woman own something like 80 percent of all national debt. Won't need a human relations service in Corp America.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You've got the wrong person, I work for a private corp..
Oh I got that feeling when you were talking about insurance dealing with medicaid or Medicare. The Gen x were the last generation that didn't need 2 family income to have the American dream, watch my video.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
that be farming. db
Not everyone can leave high school and become a farmer who makes 150000 a year,.heck majority of the young farmers are all going to school just to be able to utilize all the new technologies that farming is needed.

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
Oh I got that feeling when you were talking about insurance dealing with medicaid or Medicare. The Gen x were the last generation that didn't need 2 family income to have the American dream, watch my video.
I don't recall the conversation you're referring too? I don't think we are at odds on this one but maybe..

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't recall the conversation you're referring too? I don't think we are at odds on this one but maybe..
No no maybe I'm thinking of someone else who was discussing retirement plans for medical insurance? I am bud damn i should have looked it up before I posted anything, my bad.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well i got one of them 4-year college degrees and have never made close to $100,000 including benefits in one year. So there, you people without the college degrees making $150,000+. But it was with NDSU.

However, i got a ton of memories from those four years. The muscle cars, airport road, the beer and then the working women and then old mill. Well worth the price of lower future income.

I am still looking for my butt hole and that was the deal for me. db
A button on a fur coat???

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93