Tech schools and college ND

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's it one opening for a 150k job, and the way the left keeps winning these federal elections these jobs are going to be less and less if they get their way, that's reality like or not. You do realize that the price of living out west especially in the Williston area is going to keep going up, everything west of minot tax infrastructure is going to increase. And like it or not the east will never go for an outright change in property taxes that's reality. Perhaps I'm wrong about property taxes and maybe in 24 the people of North Dakota will vote to be done with property taxes. Congratulations on your heck of a good job because anyone who has any kind of work ethic and be willing to take the shit positions for a few years woukd be dumb not to take it.
As all those plants are replaced by windmills and solar panels say goodbye to $150k+ jobs. Some of those green jobs don’t even pay half that. I’ll be screwed like many others

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well north dakota is building one of the biggest natural gas burning electrical plants in the Midwest. Basically putting an ax in the coal industry so they are going to build a plant that removes base metals for electric batteries in those areas. Lots of new industry in the west and driving up the price of living for those who live there. I feel bad for those affected by this tax brackets are only going to go up. Unless you live on the rez then you safe.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
As all those plants are replaced by windmills and solar panels say goodbye to $150k+ jobs. Some of those green jobs don’t even pay half that. I’ll be screwed like many others
People are catching on to the green farce I don’t know that it’s on the way up or way out. It’s amazing to see the community come together here against a solar farm and more wind towers we’re supposed to go up but a German company just bought the other ones as they were going broke.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bottom line --school or how hard you work have an effect; but not always is the case. A lot of it you need to be in the right job or have the right product at the right time.

What i see happening now is corporate america lost how to judge productivity over the last 5 years. Losts of waste going on. We need a good ole full blown recession to sort it all out.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would you have been able to get that management job without that degree?
Unlikely. Some type of lower-middle management down the road maybe. Most still work shift. Every HR department likes to see B.S. no matter your experience level.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
There are so many variables very few of us have had it figured out when we start we certainly did not .My wife and I worked hard I had a 4 year degree she did not. We set a goal in 1975 that if we ever hit 100K a year combined would be set , we tripled it , but it took us 25 years . Had no debt at 45 and built from there , very conservative , got screwed by 2 investment guys I trusted so never went back .
Stayed out of the bars , trust me I like beer . Have put 2 kids thru college and made a substantial contribution to our grand kids college . House , cabin, boat and vehicles paid for as we buy . None of this came from inheritance

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are so many variables very few of us have had it figured out when we start we certainly did not .My wife and I worked hard I had a 4 year degree she did not. We set a goal in 1975 that if we ever hit 100K a year combined would be set , we tripled it , but it took us 25 years . Had no debt at 45 and built from there , very conservative , got screwed by 2 investment guys I trusted so never went back .
Stayed out of the bars , trust me I like beer . Have put 2 kids thru college and made a substantial contribution to our grand kids college . House , cabin, boat and vehicles paid for as we buy . None of this came from inheritance
Some call that the American dream, unfortunately with today's world fewer and fewer will ever get to experience it. Well done sir 👏

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84