ND Game & Fish

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well when a govt is going broke, there needs to be a conversation on what is enough revenues/acres put into some of these programs.

Same could be said about federal insurance and commodity programs, but then I don't want to be the one to :;:stirthepot

:;:deadhorse

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok so maybe we should look at other programs to slash the same to save the American tax payers .....perhaps farm subsidies would be a good place to start! Bet that wouldent be so popular.

- - - Updated - - -

This ND Game and Fish thread is headed downhill. I laugh.
Headed down hill? How can a thread started at the bottom go down from there?

- - - Updated - - -

Same could be said about federal insurance and commodity programs, but then I don't want to be the one to :;:stirthepot

Shit beat me to it! Should have checked the next page first.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok so maybe we should look at other programs to slash the same to save the American tax payers .....perhaps farm subsidies would be a good place to start! Bet that wouldent be so popular.

- - - Updated - - -

Headed down hill? How can a thread started at the bottom go down from there?

- - - Updated - - -

Shit beat me to it! Should have checked the next page first.

When milk costs 15 bucks a gallon along with other commodities people would be really pissed. Costs are just past down to the consumer......

- - - Updated - - -

to add there are alot of other programs my friends have enrolled in the last few years cover crops and what not crp is not the only thing going

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I should clarify that I personally do NOT think commodity and farm insurance programs should be eliminated. I see their benefits, and I know farmers and ranchers would be hard pressed to make a living these days without them. HOWEVER, the moment a farmer starts complaining about a program that takes up less than half of the budget as farming programs in order to "save the government money," well, you know what they say about folks who live in glass houses...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most people do not realize that the farm program, is also the food stamp/ebt program. The subsidy to multi peril crop insurance is around 10% of the farm program, the rest is bundled up in the "farm" program, but has nothing to do with farmers

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Start a new thread debating CRP . . . let's stick to ND G&F and how slow they are at lotteries.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
This ...... Is ..... 100% correct . The hunters ( cuz g and f sold them a million doe tags) did the damage . Blah blah all u want about habitat and weather . 145k tags for a decade is what did it . There's a crew I know that had 8-10 guys in it and each had minimum of 4-5 extra tags a year for many years , now 1 guy other day was wining cuz his kids haven't had tags in 4 years and blah blah blah . I looked at him and said well what goes around comes around . Hunters killed the deer . 1996-1997 were huge winters and they did no where near the damage that we the hunters did

Curious as to the location(s) of your observations that the winter of 1996-1997 didn't harm the deer? I witnessed mass deaths of deer in units 2F1 and 3B1 during that winter firsthand. It was the 1996 deer season that the NDGF extended to give hunters an extra few days (because of bad weather) to fill some of those extra doe tags. Buddy I hunted with that year shot a YOY doe that was literally frozen to the ground out by Lakota in the middle of 100 other deer. Heck, they didn't even fully leave when we went to retrieve the one he shot.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member

Indeed it could, I have stated on here in the past, I support the govt getting out of agriculture entirely.

But then the conservation programs will be entirely voluntary as there will be no program to tie compliance to.

With the low value in the current govt programs to producers (outside crop insurance) the biggest hit will be to those that rely on this nations food security programs either thru EBT cards or the lowest price food source of any modern industrialized nation when the consumers goes to the grocery store. If your'e going to stir something, stir it right.

;)

- - - Updated - - -

Start a new thread debating CRP . . . let's stick to ND G&F and how slow they are at lotteries.
Indeed none of the previous 15 on either topic have come to any conclusions surely this one will. :)

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Curious as to the location(s) of your observations that the winter of 1996-1997 didn't harm the deer? I witnessed mass deaths of deer in units 2F1 and 3B1 during that winter firsthand. It was the 1996 deer season that the NDGF extended to give hunters an extra few days (because of bad weather) to fill some of those extra doe tags. Buddy I hunted with that year shot a YOY doe that was literally frozen to the ground out by Lakota in the middle of 100 other deer. Heck, they didn't even fully leave when we went to retrieve the one he shot.

Was that the year the G&F opened season again in Jan?

We had guys come into our yard with dozens of doe tags that jan.

Still carried out dead deer come spring.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet . . . . :;:deadhorsecontinues.

let us know when you get the lottery and G&F tag/lottery issue solved.

I would bet over the years on FBO before everyone moved here that horse was beaten to a bloody pulp more than most any other issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Eventually someone will say "well go to the advisory meetings and voice your opinions"........

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member

Still carried out dead deer come spring...

Think the max tags that year was 3. Dont think we went unlimited till the early two thousands.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't start the CRP rhetoric. But did say the usual more habitat crowd glombed unto this topic (low deer numbers)

The final numbers from FSA are out:

In ND there were 1,094 applications for CRP totaling 74,059 acres. 5,944 acres were accepted.

Due to lack of money, almost 70,000 acres were not accepted. Take that times about $50 bucks an acre equals $3.5 million.

So who ponies up with the $3.5 million per year?

The year of 2000 the CRP program spiked at 5.5 million acres.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its to bad no one ever tried to get a fund going with oil money for the state to fund it itself. Obviously with so many farmers interested in it im sure the Farm Bureau will be all for it!:;:stirthepot

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
so EXACTLY how would that have played out after committing payments on a million acres for 15 years and oil dropping to where it is now from where it was when that was proposed?

Remember it was a Constitutional amendment not simply a law.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
so EXACTLY how would that have played out after committing payments on a million acres for 15 years and oil dropping to where it is now from where it was when that was proposed?

Remember it was a Constitutional amendment not simply a law.
no doubt they would have had to tap into the five or six billion they have hoarded away in different funds.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
What part of LOTTERY don't people understand?

Seems like pretty much all aspects zoom above someone.

- - - Updated - - -

Still carried out dead deer come spring.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe it was a mid-December, after ML season and ended before Jan because while they wanted to kill a few deer, they didn't want to stress the herd too much by allowing hunting any longer. Kind of a catch-22. I distinctly remember the weather was horrible though.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its to bad no one ever tried to get a fund going with oil money for the state to fund it itself. Obviously with so many farmers interested in it im sure the Farm Bureau will be all for it!:;:stirthepot

Ha Ha, pot stir,

There is way too much need out there we can't have it all and CRP. The Outdoor Heritage Fund was created to "give." Here are some proposals, projects and applications.

http://www.nd.gov/ndic/ohf-projects.html

- - - Updated - - -

no doubt they would have had to tap into the five or six billion they have hoarded away in different funds.

The figure is $3,573,621,493

Front page Office of State Treasurer

http://www.nd.gov/treasurer/

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 250
  • This month: 212
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 83