ND Turtle Mountain Elk

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Chris Cantler of Aber Taxidermy did mine. He's been my taxidermist for 25 years and I highly recommend his work, though you will wait to get your trophy back as he is in demand. Great Bull and Congratulations Again!!

DSC04074.jpg

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jason Smith- Smith's Taxidermy in Jamestown did a deer for me last year. Everything I saw in his shop and his photos online were top notch. He's got a bookface page with a lot of photos and such, he'll definitely get my next critter.

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great looking Mount, he is going with a low pedestal also, doesn't have the ceiling for a wall mount!

Chris Cantler of Aber Taxidermy did mine. He's been my taxidermist for 25 years and I highly recommend his work, though you will wait to get your trophy back as he is in demand. Great Bull and Congratulations Again!!

63BA945A-C2F6-4698-933D-6EC24F66F822.jpg

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm envious of the time you got to spend with your son hunting, its great to get outside and spend time with nature. Hunting is even better.

That's a beautiful bull, tell your son congrats for me please.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
What a dandy and unique bull.
Congrats.
We always laughed after first timers shot their elk when hunting out of State. They were so shocked how big they really were when on the ground. Always told them the work starts when someone gets one down.

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
A very gracious landowner.

That is for sure, he has let three elk be harvested so far, a bull the week before us, it is off limits until after deer season now, but I am sure he will be having more elk hunters afterwards. One guy did hunt there after us but complained to him that there were no big bulls there! I know that there was another nice 6x6 there the morning my son shot his. A lady shot a cow the week after my son's and he said there had to be close to 70 head that morning!

The numbers are nice to see but it makes it really hard to get a clear shot, we were not sure that the bull my son got was going to get clear of the cows so that he could shoot!

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That is for sure, he has let three elk be harvested so far, a bull the week before us, it is off limits until after deer season now, but I am sure he will be having more elk hunters afterwards. One guy did hunt there after us but complained to him that there were no big bulls there! I know that there was another nice 6x6 there the morning my son shot his. A lady shot a cow the week after my son's and he said there had to be close to 70 head that morning!

The numbers are nice to see but it makes it really hard to get a clear shot, we were not sure that the bull my son got was going to get clear of the cows so that he could shoot!

Somehow this doesn't surprise me at all. Let a guy hunt on your property and he bitches about "no big bulls"m this is the kind of "hunter" that gives the rest of us a bad name and closes private property.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88