New PB Pike

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yesterday we were out checking a pike spot that was great years ago but has pretty much sucked the past two winters but I wanted to know. Everything started out slow but picked up mid afternoon. I was dealing with my buddy and a nice catch when I saw a flag behind me go up. I told my boy to go get it. In the mean time I saw another flag pop up so I went to that one. I looked back and the boy was saying he had a fish and he thought it was nice but I had things to do. The next time I looked back this thing came out of the hole. 38" for a new personal best and nobody even paid attention to him through the entire fight. This dude is 8 years old and really does know his way around a tip up or a fishing rod. Call it a proud dad moment.

Attachments

48387566_10155761526112341_9055341899644141568_o.jpg

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I bet the story was well told in school this morning, nothing better then kids catching fish

bowcarp

Founding Member
Founding Member
great gator , kids know more than a person thinks , good to just let them fly and handle things themselves , win or lose they learn

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
1. Congrats to your son and obviously how you have taught him.
2. This is a good example/lesson to us parents. Sometimes it is best to just let them figure it out on their own and turn our back, as hard as that is and I will admit first how tough it is. Him making that accomplishment all on his own will be worth even more, though he doesn't realize yet, than if you were even just coaching and cheering him on.

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
2. This is a good example/lesson to us parents. Sometimes it is best to just let them figure it out on their own and turn our back, as hard as that is and I will admit first how tough it is. Him making that accomplishment all on his own will be worth even more, though he doesn't realize yet, than if you were even just coaching and cheering him on.

I could not agree more. Every year I add another outdoor skill and turn him loose on it. I see his frustration and have to remind him that he needs problem solving skills. I think it is a disservice to kids to not force them to figure it out. As far as this particular pike goes he has caught many pike by himself, just not one that big.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
the video shows that he knows what he is doing, just graduating up the ladder in size. Watching for flags is like watching bobbers. It never gets old. Great job father and son!!

nybs

Honored Member
That is awesome! He is one of the only fishermen not lying when he spreads his arms out as wide as he can when showing how big the pike he caught with his barehands was;)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76