North Dakota Fur Hunters and Trappers Association Winter Meet - Saturday February 24

Rick Tischaefer

Check out "www.ndfhta.com" and check out the Winter Meet Flyer on the home page.

Come enjoy the day with friends and family! If you are a thermal or NV user, please bring your tools and feel free to share your experiences. Any questions, let me know.

Thanks, Rick

Last edited:

Rick Tischaefer

Huff,

Bummer, thought maybe you and the family could while bringing along what you use.

Thanks, Rick

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be there and I'm bringing my frustrations with me................................

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be there and I'm bringing my frustrations with me................................

You guys have fun with that. I would love to make it but the kids have wrestling tournament on Saturday.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
NDFTHA 2018.jpg

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know that this one is today and since we are still in CA we won't make ... but when this other one comes around wild horses cannot keep me away!!!
furtraders.jpg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tough year snaring?

Nope!! Tough year fleshing and stretching. Twas my first year for both and I had quite the time figuring out how much pressure to put on the fleshing knife to get it to do what I needed it to do and then to top it off I blew a big hole in a coyote turning it and I blew a big hole in a fox turning it. Both made me VERY happy. Next year will be better, but I forgot how much fun it is to start from scratch when learning a new skill. At this point I SUCK at fleshing, sewing, and stretching fur, but I'll get better as I go along.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope!! Tough year fleshing and stretching. Twas my first year for both and I had quite the time figuring out how much pressure to put on the fleshing knife to get it to do what I needed it to do and then to top it off I blew a big hole in a coyote turning it and I blew a big hole in a fox turning it. Both made me VERY happy. Next year will be better, but I forgot how much fun it is to start from scratch when learning a new skill. At this point I SUCK at fleshing, sewing, and stretching fur, but I'll get better as I go along.

More ya do the better you get, this year was a learning year for me but I had a great deal of pride when the fur buyer complimented me on my put up hides.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, I did fine as well. Had three VERY experienced trappers tell me I did a nice job of putting my fur up. Which was great to hear, but good grief did it take me a looooooong time to do one coyote and frustrating when I scrap and scrap and scrap and NOTHING is happening. That said, by the time I got to my 7th one (the last one I put up) I fleshed that one in about 45 minutes. The first one took me over two hours. I want the skill so I guess I have to pay my dues. I've watched some real good guys flesh coyotes and it takes them about 10 minutes at which time I'm cracking my third beer to drown my thoughts of inadequacy. LOL!! However, like EVERY trapper I know says...."There's always next year!"

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 97
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33